Ohio State wins 20-17. Buckeyes now have taken 12 of the last 13 in the series.
- 5:05 - Barclay 48-yard FG with 7:38 left in the 4th. Iowa 17-13. Drive 11 plays, 30 yards, 4:15.
Big sack by Ballard, essentially forcing the FG try and not giving OSU a shot at the end zone.
- 4:55 - Coker 1-yard TD run. Meyer kick is good. 11:53 left in the fourth quarter. Drive 2 plays, 27 yards, :37. Iowa 17-10.
Iowa defense set it up with deflected third down pass by Pryor. Prater picks it off. Prater did a nice job reading the option on second down to set up third and 10.
Coker accounts for all 27 yards on that short drive.
- 4:45 - Total yards after 3 quarters - Iowa 225, Ohio State 223. Heading to 4th tied at 10.
- 4:35 - Meyer ties it up at 10-10 with a 31-yard field goal. 3:26 left in the 3rd Q. Iowa Drive - 10 plays, 65 yards, 5:10.
Stanzi missed McNutt on potential TD on second down. Ohio State did a nice job in coverage on third down. Stanzi threw it away.
- 4:25 - Pryor 5-yd TD pass to Fragel, Barclay Kick, 10-7 Ohio State with 8:36 to play in the 3rd Q. Ohio State Drive - 12 plays, 77 yards, 6:24.
Ohio State 10, Iowa 3 - 8:36 left in the third Q.
- 3:55 - Iowa takes a 7-3 lead into the locker room at halftime. Nice job by the Hawkeye defense. And the offense moved the ball enough to give the defenders from rest.
Pretty conservative game plan from two coaches. No surprise there.
- 3:40 - Meyer misses 40-yard FG try. 7-3 #Iowa with 3:38 to play in the first half. Total yards - Iowa 150, OSU 110.
Tough break for Iowa to come up empty, but at least the Hawkeyes gave their D some rest.
- 3:20 - 18-yd FG from Barclay. 7-3 Iowa with 11:34 to play in 2nd Q. Drive - 8 plays, 58 yards, 4:31.
Iowa helped set up that Buckeye drive with poor play by its kickoff team, a unit that has struggled for most of the season.
Ohio State took advantage of Iowa putting LBs on WRs again. No nickel or dime on that drive. Hawkeyes not getting much of a pass rush on Pryor and he's been pretty accurate.
- 3 p.m. - Stanzi 19-yd TD pass to McNutt. Meyer Kick. Iowa 7-0, 1:05 left in the 1st Q. Drive - 8 plays, 87 yards, 4:35.
Really nice job by center Ferentz and left side of Hawkeye line, Reiff and Vandervelde.
Coker with seven carries for 43 yards.
- 2:50 - After getting beat on third and long with base defense in, Iowa forces OSU punt after third and long during which the Hawks played nickel. Castillo and Lowery checked in for Johnson and Hunter.
5:40 left in the first quarter. No score.
-2:35 - Coker starts ahead of Adam Robinson. Announcement from Phil Haddy in press box states that ARob is not injured. He is being held out until the second quarter, coach's decision.
ABC says it's academics.
-2:30 - Stanzi gets biggest roar during senior day introductions. DJK and Clayborn also got rousing greeting.
Flyover was very impressive.
- 2:10 p.m. - Josh Koeppel will get his third start in a row at RG. Regulars Adam Gettis (ankle) and Nolan MacMillan (neck) are dressed and went through warm-ups. MacMilland played a few series at NW last week.
Colin Sandeman also is dressed.
Troy Johnson will get the start at strong-side LB. Jeff Tarpinian started there last week but is not dressed after re-injuring a neck stinger against NW last week. He's expected to miss the rest of the regular season.