1. Kevin Worthy has been moved to the #2 Mike linebacker behind Abdul Hodge. The staff decided to do this in order to get Chad Greenway and Edmond Miles out on the field. While the staff told Worthy they will probably move him back to Will in the fall, if Chad Greenway has an impressive spring, this move could be set in stone by the time fall drills begin. Some people have predicted that Greenway could become the Hawks own version of the Chicago Bears' Brian Urlacher! The Shadow won't go that far as he feels an unproven player should never be compared to a great pro. However, he does feel that Greenway could become a special player for Iowa.
2. The move of Jonathan Babineaux inside to DT has worked out well in the early stages. His quickness off the line compliments the way Jared Clauss plugs the middle. Babineaux is up around 280, and will look to add another five or ten pounds before fall. This gives the Hawks a perfect interior duo to combine with the speed and ferocious rush they will have from the outside with Howard Hodges and Matt Roth. In a recent practice Roth was literally unblockable from his DE position. Blake Larsen will attest to Matt's ability at bull rushes.
3. Hawks that have made some noticable weight gains include: Howard Hodges (255), Pete McMahon (325), Ben Cronin (285). Hodges entered the program at 210, McMahon at 280, and Cronin was weighed during his senior season in high school at 243.
4. A report stating Sean Considine recording the fatest ten yard dash was inaccurate. The Hawks will test once again after spring practice, but Bob Sanders recorded the fastest time at 1.49 and Adolphus Shelton was second at 1.52.
5. The Hawks will have a big junior day upcoming this Sunday. One player in attendance will be 6'5 290 (5.2) OL Brett Gallimore. The Riverside, Missouri native will get the staff's full attention as he already has offers ranging from Florida to Michigan to UCLA! In addition to Phil Trautwein(6-6, 280, Voorhees, NJ) Brett is viewed early by the Hawks as one of the top linemen on their radar. He has nine offers in writing at this point, and several other schools have begun to verbally offer. The Hawks are very high on his list, and at this point should be one of his top schools when he makes a decision this summer.