National Signing Day is right around the corner and the dead period has ended. It is time to concentrate much more on Iowa football recruiting. They've already put together a class of 24 pledges. Most of the time that will be invested in the next few weeks will be about hanging onto the commits they do have. They do still have a spot or two available, though, so the numbers game is fluid when it comes to how the Hawkeyes will finish.
The Iowa coaches will be busy the next few weeks visiting prospects. Scout was already able to investigate enough to check out many of their visits in the next week, as well as get the scheduled official visits for the weekend of January 22 and 29.
January 14 (Today)
- Assistant Seth Wallace is scheduled to head up to Wisconsin to visit with Toren Young today. He'll also be visited by head coach Kirk Ferentz and Chris White sometime in the near future as well. There isn't any worries here. Young is solid to Iowa.
- Also today, Greg Davis will also be traveling to Wisconsin but to visit with quarterback commit Nate Stanley. This is a nice measured stop. It is important to see Stanley whenever possible. I'm told there's little chance he flips but the Badgers are certainly floating around. Stanley speaks with head coach Paul Chryst every Sunday night and Wisconsin is trying to schedule an in-home visit between Chryst and Stanley.
- Another stop today involves an Iowa commit with another program. Tight end commit Shaun Beyer of Cedar Rapids will be visited by Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell. But on Friday, Iowa will be back at the school. Head coach Kirk Ferentz and assistant Brian Ferentz will be there to see him. The Cyclones are pursuing hard but I don't see it coming to fruition.
- Head coach Kirk Ferentz will also have an in-home visit with offensive line commit Spencer Williams on Friday with assistant Reese Morgan there as well.
- Assistants LeVar Woods and Greg Davis will be together on Friday as they travel to Omaha to visit tight end commit Noah Fant at his basketball game. Fant's pledge is much more firm than expected at this point.
- Assistant Chris White will be in New Jersey visiting with defensive end commit Brandon Simon on Friday.
- On Monday January 18, Kirk Ferentz and Brian Ferentz will be back together once again on the recruiting trail to conduct an in-home visit with linebacker commit Amani Jones.
- The last coaching stop we are aware of is Kirk and Brian Ferentz staying in Illinois and visiting with defensive end commit Romeo McKnight the following day, Tuesday January 19.
JANUARY 22 OFFICIAL VISITS SCHEDULED
- Devonte Young
- Cole Banwart
- Amani Hooker
- Toren Young
- Shaun Beyer
- Romeo McKnight
- Spencer Williams
- Noah Fant
- Kristian Welch
- Cedric Boswell
- Lance Billings
- Cedrick Lattimore
- Chauncey Golston
- Alaric Jackson
JANUARY 29 OFFICIAL VISITS SCHEDULED
- T.J. Hockenson
- Amani Jones