Iowa has been on fire when it comes to Texas wideouts in the class of 2017. And last night they kept the ball rolling when they offered 2017 athlete, Chris Miller, from Denton, TX.
Miller possesses quite the offer sheet holding offers from Iowa, Colorado, Boise State, Houston, Missouri, Fresno State, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Utah State, Nevada, UTSA, and Tulane. But when asked who his favorites were right now he told me, "Iowa and Colorado."
"It made me feel good that they believe in how good I am and they're a really good football team," Miller said when asked about what the offer from Iowa meant.
Iowa offered last night, but have clearly made a good impression on Miller already. And much of the thanks can go to wide receivers coach Bobby Kennedy, who is the one that has been recruiting Miller.
"He's a cool coach," Miller admitted. "I think he's funny and smart when it comes to being a coach."
Miller also told me that coach Kennedy sees him more as a wide receiver and not as a cornerback, even though he's listed as an athlete by Scout. He becomes the fifth Texas wide receiver to receive an offer from Iowa in the class of 2017.
The Hawkeyes will get a chance to welcome Miller to Iowa City and show him around some, which will help things when it comes to landing a commitment from him.
"Yeah, but I'm unsure on the date, but I'm thinking June 24th," Miller said when asked if he had planned on taking a visit to Iowa City.
He told me he already has a good feeling about Iowa City.
"It seems like a good place, they're winners, have good coaches, and nice facilities," Miller insisted.
The 5'11" 173 pound wide out will likely add offers, but I don't think that pushes Iowa out of the running at all. He seems to really like the Hawkeyes as a program.
"I think I need to become a better route runner and work on getting better ball position," he admitted when I asked him what he thinks he can improve upon.
He did appear at The Opening regional in Dallas this spring where he ran a 4.50 forty yard dash.
He told me he doesn't really have a timetable for a decision, but did say this summer was a possibility.