- Kirk said that he thought both Dominique and Anthony had returned home to Michigan but he expected both back in Iowa City by Monday for the start of classes.
- Kirk did not learn about the investigation until Saturday as he was walking to practice. That's also when Gary Barta found out.
- Kirk said that he didn't expect any more arrests of his players in this case.
- Gary said that the athletics department had no plans to ban athletes from using any of the social networks and he also didn't plan on employing anyone for his department to monitor such things. It would be logistically tough to do so.
- Kirk said that a few of the photos on Facebook were not put there by the athletes.
- Kirk and Gary both stayed far away from speculating on what the punishments might be for the players under possible scenarios. Both kept referring back to the legal system running its course. -Paul Chaney (foot) was hurt over the weekend and will miss at least one game and probably two.
- Kirk expetced Dace Richardson back in practice next week, but didn't expect to use him in the first two games. -If the season started tomorrow, Kirk said that Moylan and Dalton would be the starting safeties and Signor would be the place kicker. But those competitions are still open.
- Kirk said that all of the incoming freshmen have cleared the clearinghouse. -Starting center Rafael Eubanks sat out Friday's practice with Travis Meade stepping in for him. Kirk said Eubanks had a minor injury.
- Kirk said that four players are battling for the two starting guard positions - Meade, Vandervelde, Kuempel and Doering. It looks like Calloway and Olsen are set at tackle with Eubanks in the middle.
- Kirk commented on Arvell Nelson's situation and downplayed it. He said his backup QWB, who missed a court appearance for driving with a suspended license, used poor judgment, but it was more a case of negligence. He said the freshman "Needs to grow up, and he knows that."
- Kirk has been very pleased with the progress of Karl Klug, listed as a second-team tackle, and Colin Sandeman, a TR FR now in the two deeps.
- Kirk said that there were about 10-12 true freshmen still up in the air as possible first-year players. There are five on the two deep (Sandeman, Everson, Morrow, Berstine and Bulaga). He also mentioned that we would likely see Pugh.
SE - Andy Brodell, James Cleveland
LT - Kyle Calloway, Bryan Bulaga
LG - Andy Kuempel, Dan Doering
C - Rafael Eubanks, Travis Meade
RG - Julian Vandervelde, Tyler Blum
RT - Seth Olsen, Wes Aeschliman
TE - Tony Moeaki, Brandon Meyers
QB - Jame Christensen, Arvell Nelson or Ricky Stanzi
WR - Trey Stross, Derrell Johnson-Koulianos or Colin Sandeman
RB - Albert Young, Damian Sims
FB - Tom Busch, Jordan McLaughlin
PK - Austin Signor or Daniel Murray
DE - Ken Iwebema, Adrian Clayborn vDT - Matt Kroul, Karl Klug
DT - Mitch King, Anton Narinskiy
DE - Bryan Mattison, Chad Geary
OLB - A.J. Edds, Jeremiha Hunter
MLB - Mike Klinkenborg, Pat Angerer
WLB - Mike Humpal, Bryon Gattas
LC - Adam Shada, Drew Gardner or Jordan Bernstine
SS - Harold Dalton, Lance Tillison or Diauntae Morrow
FS - Devan Moylan or Brett Greenwood
RC - Charles Godfrey, Bradley Fletcher or Cedric Everson
P - Ryan Donahue, Eric Guthrie
Punt Returns: Andy Brodell
Kirk Returns: Damian Sims, Derrell Johnson-Koulianos
Deep Snaps: Daniel Olszta, Clint Huntrods
Holder: Ryan Donahue