Maine Black Bears 0-0 (0-0)
Iowa Hawkeyes 0-0 (0-0)
Television: Big Ten Network
(Click here to visit the BTN Gamefinder, to find your local station)
- Kirk Ferentz, in his first season as Maine head coach, coached his first game on a September 7th, 1990, a friday. He lost that game 31-7.
- Kirk's first and last game as Maine head coach was against Villanova.
- According to the official Maine roster, the Black Bears have only one player who isn't from the east, with only one player hailing from west of West Virginia. That player is freshman WR Michael Ryce, from Harvey, Illinois.
- The University of Maine is located in the city of Orono, with a population of 9,114 as of the 2000 census. You could fit nearly 8 Oronos in Kinnick Stadium.
- An adult season ticket to the Maine football program costs 78 dollars.
- Iowa will start the season with 3 straight scheduled home games for the first time since 1986, in which Iowa outscored their opponents (Iowa State, Northern Illinois, UT-El Pase) 169-17 in those three games. (Iowa played their first three games at home in 2001 because of a postponed match-up with Iowa State, pushed back to November after the 9/11 attacks.
- Kirk Ferentz is 1-0 in games played on August 30th, with his win coming in 2003 against Miami (OH) and Ben Roethlisberger
- Daniel Murray
- Jacody Coleman
- Trey Stross
- Jeff Tarpinian
- Tony Moeaki (Free)
- A.J. Edds (Free)
- Jordan Bernstine
- Colin Sandeman
- Rob Bruggeman (Free)
- Bryan Bulaga (Free)
- Matt Kroul