Iowa Hawkeyes 5-3 (2-2)
Illinois Fighting Illini 4-4 (2-3)
Interesting Notes (AKA, stuff to make you sound cool at your tailgate)
- Illinois leads the overall series 29-37-2, outscoring the Hawks by 325 points overall.
- Iowa has won the last five meetings with the Illini, outscoring the Illini 133-43.
- Iowa is 1-1 on November 1st when playing the Illini. The hawks lost 36-0 in 1924, and won 41-10 in 2003.
- Ron Zook has never scored more than 17 points in a game against Iowa, and that came in at the end of the 2003 season, when he was still at Florida.
- Ron Zook lost the same number of games last week as he did in his entire playing career at Miami (Ohio). He played 1973-1975, with a record of 32-1-1.
- Ron Zook can squat approximately 500 pounds. That's rougly 1700 Blackberry cell phones, 166 pairs of water skiis, 2.67 Nate Kaedings (the kicker, not the running back). It would take almost four months of continuous dancing to lose 500 pounds.
- Illinois Week: Jayme Murphy
- Illinois Week: Ricky Stanzi
- Illinois Week: Rob Bruggeman (Free)
- Illinois Week: A.J. Edds
- Illinois Week: Jeff Tarpinian (Free)
- Illinois Week: Bryan Bulaga
- Ferentz Big Ten Presser
- Open Practice: Cyrus Tate (Free)
- Open Practice: Jarryd Cole
- Open Practice: Jeff Peterson (Free)
- Open Practice: Jake Kelly
- Open Practice: Todd Lickliter (Free)
- Bye Week: Chigozie Ejiasi (Free)
- Bye Week: Ken O'Keefe