No Time To Waste For Evridge

Time is running out for Nebraska to make a decision on a new head coach and to seal the deal with once-committed quarterback Allan Evridge. After visiting K-State last weekend, the two-star QB isn't sure whether he will visit Nebraska again before making his decision.

Time is running out for the Nebraska Cornhuskers to make a decision on a new head coach and to seal the deal with once-committed quarterback Allan Evridge.

As first reported last week, Evridge is not happy with the current coaching vacancy in Lincoln and has begun to reconsider his early commitment with the Huskers. The two-star quarterback visited Kansas State December 12 to see if the offer was still on the table.

It's safe to say that it appears K-State has put even more uncertainty into the Nebraska native's decision. Just last week, the 6-foot 200 pound signal caller said he intended to visit with the Huskers again in January before announcing his decision. However, that has changed. It's not a forgone conclusion that Evridge will make another visit to Lincoln.

"It sped up a little last week," he said. "It went really well in Manhattan and I liked everything I saw. Like I said before, it's the right system for me. I feel like I'd fit in nicely. The trip reinforced my reasons for liking K-State, maybe even more than ever."

KSU quarterback Dylan Meier was Evridge's host on his trip. Though it was the third time he visited K-State, it was the first that he was able to meet the whole team.

"It was the best so far," said Evridge who had 1,400 yards passing and another 600 rushing this season. "I was good to sit down and meet everyone, the players, and talk more with the coaching staff. They told me what they want to do with the quarterback position and I have a better idea of where I stand with them. Everything was great."

Evridge also visited Iowa State two weeks ago, but right now, he said "98 percent" of his decision is between K-State and Nebraska.

Because there is no guarantee now that Evridge will make another visit to Lincoln, a decision could come anytime while Nebraska continues to drag its feet on a new hire. The duel threat QB stressed his importance to resolve his commitment before other doors might close with the addition of other QB commits.

"I don't want to just wait around for them and then lose other opportunities I might have," he said. "My family and I are weighing our options now and trying to decide what the best decision would be in the long-run."

Purple Pride Top Stories