Here's a quick 25-point Kansas State Super Bowl quiz:
1) Including this season, name the lone Wildcat to have played in two Super Bowls.
2) Name the Wildcat to hold a Super Bowl record.
3) Name the five K-State players in the pre-Bill Snyder era to have played in the Super Bowl.
4) A total of 18 ex-Wildcats have played in Super Bowls. Name them.
25-19 – Purple Pride Super Bowl Champion
18-12 – Powercat … not a bad effort
11 – 6 – Willie the Wildcat
5 – 0 – Thanks for playing
1) THE LONE TWO-TIME SUPER BOWLER:
Ryan Lilja played with Indianapolis in the 2006 (XLI) Super Bowl and will be the starting left guard Sunday night with the Colts. (Bonus point: Mark Simoneau played in 2004 (XXXIX) Super Bowl and is on this year's New Orleans roster, but is on injured reserve and will not be in uniform.)
2) WHAT WILDCAT HOLDS A SUPER BOWL RECORD:
Andre Coleman returned kickoffs for 244 yards with San Diego in the 1994 (XXIX) Super Bowl, which included a 98-yarder.
3) FIVE WILDCATS PRIOR TO BILL SNYDER-ERA: Larry Brown, 1972, Washington; Scott Fulhage, 1988, Cincinnati; Steve Grogan, 1985, New England; Damian Johnson, 1986, NY Giants; Lynn Larson, 1970, Baltimore.
4) NAME THE 18 SUPER BOWL WILDCATS:
Monty Beisel, 2008, Phoenix; Barret Brooks, 2005, Pittsburgh; Jerametrius Butler, 2001, St. Louis; Larry Brown, 1972, Washington; Dyshod Carter, 2003, New England; Andre Coleman, 1994, San Diego; Jarrod Cooper, 2003, Carolina; Scott Fulhage, 1988, Cincinnanti; Martin Gramatica, 2002, Tampa Bay; Steve Grogan, 1985, New England; Damian Johnson, 1986, NY Giants; Lynn Larson, 1970, Baltimore; Ryan Lilja, 2006 and 2009, Indianapolis; Nick Leckey, 2009, New Orleans; Quincy Morgan, 2005, Pittsburgh; Josh Scobey, 2005, Seattle; Mark Simoneau, 2004 and 2009, Philadelphia; Travis Wilson, 2005, Pittsburgh