PULLEN, CLEMENTE HONORED:
Kansas State's Jacob Pullen and Denis Clemente were members of the all-West Regional team, along with Butler's Gordon Hayward and Shelvin Mack, plus Xavier's Jordan Crawford.
In the two games, Clemente scored 43 points and Pullen 42. Clemente had six assists, three steals and three turnovers; Pullen had four assists, seven steals and five turnovers.
In the four-games of the NCAA tournament, Pullen had 102 points with 7 assists and 13 steals; Clemente scored 86 points with 16 assists and 5 steals.
For the year, Pullen (19.3) and Clemente (16.6) averaged 35.8 points. That ranks third only to Chuckie Williams and Mike Evans, who combined for 39.1 in 1974-75, and, 38.8 in 1975-76.
Jacob Pullen now has 1,506 all-time points, which ranks him No. 7 in all-time scoring. He needs 609 points to tie Mike Evans' all-time record of 2,115. In a 35-game season next year, Pullen would have to average nearly 18 points to top Evans. This year, K-State played 37 games and Pullen averaged 19.3.
HOT AND COLD CATS: THE FRESHMEN: WHAT WILL BE MISSING: RECORDS / ALL-TIME CHARTS: ENROLLMENTS:
* HOT: Curtis Kelly had averaged 17.5 points (35 points) in the two West Regional games, which was six above his season norm. He also had 13 rebounds and eight blocked shots.
*COLD: Dominique Sutton scored just four points in the two games with 11 rebounds.
* HOT/COLD: Jamar Samuels scored 14 points with five rebounds against Xavier, but had no points and one rebound against Butler.
K-State was 22-0 when Samuels committed three fouls or less, but 7-8 when committing four fouls or more.
Leading the cast of five freshmen this year was Rodney McGruder with a 3.9 scoring average, while Wally Judge averaged 3.3 points and 3.0 rebounds. Jordan Henriquez-Roberts averaged 2.8 points and 2.5 boards, Martavious Irving 1.8 and Nick Russell 1.5.
With the departure of seniors Denis Clemente, Luis Colon and Chris Merriewether, Kansas State will lose just 20.3 points of its season average of 79.7 points, and just 7.6 rebounds of its season average of 38.8.
• 29 team victories tops former record of 25
• KSU's 79.7 scoring average ranks second only to the 81.4 average of 1952-53.
• Pullen's 715 points ranks only behind Michael Beasley (866), Mitch Richmond (786) and Askia Jones (729).
• Pullen set a record with 37 double-figure scoring games in a single season, topping Richmond's record of 34.
• 253 team 3-pointers made breaks old record of 246 set in 1993-94.
• Pullen's 225 3-pointers made for a career is third only behind Steve Henson (240) and Askia Jones (237).
• Pullen's 110 treys this year tied the single-season mark of Jones set in 1994.
• KSU's 734 free throws made shattered the old record of 606 set in 1958-59, and, the 1,098 free throws attempted smashed the old record by 246.
• Pullen's 203 free throws made ranks second only to Michael Beasley's 216 for one year.
K-State's listed enrollment is 23,581. The total enrollment of the other three West Regional schools was 22,840 – Butler (4,200), Syracuse (12,440) and Xavier (6,200).
WHAT WILL BE MISSING:
RECORDS / ALL-TIME CHARTS: