* Head Coach Homer Drew is in his 22nd year at Valparaiso, where he holds a 349-293 record. He is the father of Baylor head coach Scott Drew, and currently ranks seventh among active Division I head coaches in career victories. He is 618-415 all-time as a head coach.
* Kansas has won both of its previous meetings with Valparaiso – most recently in 2002, when the Jayhawks defeated the Crusaders 81-73 at Allen Fieldhouse on the strength of Drew Gooden's 30 points and 18 rebounds. Nick Collison also posted a double-double with 14 points and 15 boards.
* Valpo opened its season with a 111-64 home victory against IU Northwest on Nov. 12.
* A Kansas win would: make KU 2-0 for the fourth straight season; extend the nation's longest home court winning streak to 61 games; make Kansas 2,005-796 all-time.
* A Kansas loss would: Drop KU to 1-1 for the third time in the Bill Self era; Drop KU to 652-107 all-time in Allen Fieldhouse, including 114-7 under Bill Self; almost assuredly incite Jayhawk Nation to panic.
* And finally, a few notes from Friday's victory over Longwood University:
* KU's 113 points were the most during the Bill Self era, and its top total since tallying 113 against Emporia State on Dec. 14, 2002.
* Kansas' 24 second-half field goals are the most since the Jayhawks made 24 in the second half against Belmont on Dec. 29, 2009.
* Markieff Morris' 15 rebounds matched a career high. Morris also set career highs in steals (five) and assists (four).
* It marked the ninth-straight year KU has won its season opener and the 38th-straight home-opening win the for the Jayhawks.