* UNT has started off the season 2-0, after defeating Big 12 opponent Texas Tech 92-83 in overtime Tuesday.
* Got your attention? It should. The Mean Green were the unanimous pick to the Sun Belt Conference West Division by the league coaches, and boast a talented and athletic backcourt. Senior Josh White – younger brother of former Oklahoma standout Quannas White – leads UNT in scoring with 20.5 ppg through two contests. He poured in 32 against Texas Tech.
* North Texas head coach Johnny Jones is in his 10th season at UNT, where he owns a 152-121 record. He's the only coach to lead the Mean Green to two trips to the Big Dance (2007 and 2010).
* This is the first meeting between the two programs in men's basketball.
* A Kansas win would: make KU 3-0 for the fourth-straight season under head coach Bill Self; extend the nation's longest home court winning streak to 62 games, tying the school record; make Kansas 2,006-796 all-time; be generally more favorable than a loss.
* A Kansas loss would: move the Jayhawks to 17-4 against current membership of the Sun Belt Conference; drop KU to 115-7 all-time at Allen Fieldhouse under Bill Self; be a disappointing way to kick off the weekend.
* Junior Marcus Morris leads KU in scoring at 20 ppg through two games. He's shooting 77.3-percent from the floor.
* Junior Tyshawn Taylor leads the Big 12 in assists with 7.5 apg.
* Junior Markieff Morris leads the Big 12 in rebounding with 14 rpg.
* In Monday night's contest with Valparaiso, KU held the Crusaders to just 17 second-half points.
* KU had two players record double-doubles for the second-straight game.