* Thus far in 2010, UCLA (3-2) is averaging 74.8 points per game and giving up 66.8 per game, for a plus-8 scoring margin.
* Sophomore Reeves Nelson is a versatile big man along the lines of Marcus and Markieff Morris, or Arizona forward Derrick Williams. He averages a double-double, with 17.6 points and 10.4 rebounds per game.
* UCLA coach Ben Howland in 169-74 in his eighth season at UCLA. He's 337-173 in his 17th season overall, and has been his conference's coach of the year in three different leagues.
* UCLA leads the all-time series with Kansas 10-5, but the Jayhawks have current bragging rights. They won the 2009 meeting by a score of 73-61 in Los Angeles. Prior to that, the last meeting was in the West Regional Finals of the 2007 NCAA Tournament - a match-up the Jayhawks lost.
* The Jayhawks are 5-0, and outscoring opponents by a staggering 35.3 points per game.
* Kansas leads the nation in scoring margin, field goal percentage (57.8), assists (22.0) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.9). KU also ranks in the top five nationally in scoring offense and three-point field goal percentage defense.
* The Kansas bench averages 36.5 points per game, compared to its opponents' 19.5 ppg.
A few Arizona leftovers:
* The Jayhawks scored 42 points in the paint. The Wildcats scored just 28.
* Markieff Morris' 15 points were a season high.
* Marcus Morris once again led the team in points with 16, despite sitting for most of the second half in foul trouble.