* The Jayhawks play their first true road game of the season tonight, when they take on the University of California. The Golden Bears are 6-4, and snapped a two-game losing streak by defeating Cal Poly on Dec. 18.
* California will be the fourth Pac-10 foe Kansas has faced this season. While they are undefeated in those contests, each has been a closely-fought game. Jayhawks fans should be watching how their team responds on the road with keen interest.
* The Jayhawks are 10-0 for the second-straight season, following a 70-68 victory over USC at Allen Fieldhouse on Dec. 18. The win marked the 65th in a row within the friendly confines - still the longest active home court winning streak in the nation, for those who may have been living under a rock.
* Kansas continues to lead the Big 12 in scoring margin, field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage defense, assists, blocked shots and assist-to-turnover margin.
* Tyshawn Taylor continues to lead the Big 12 in assists with 5.8 per contest.
* For the Golden Bears, junior forward Harper Kamp leads the team with 13.1 ppg, also ranking second in rebounds with a 5.8 rpg average.
* Mike Montgomery is in his third season as head coach in Berkley, owning an impressive 52-26 record in his tenure. He is 599-270 overall as a head coach.
* Kansas and Cal have met many times throughout the years, and the Jayhawks are on something of a roll lately, winning the last nine meetings to give them a 15-3 advantage in the series. Most recently, they defeated the Golden Bears 84-69 in Allen Fieldhouse in December of last year.
* Oddly, a win would make the Jayhawks 5-0 away from Allen Fieldhouse this year, but just 1-0 in actual road games.
* Meanwhile, a loss would likely lead to several days of wailing and gnashing of teeth on Phog.net.