- Kansas (1-5 overall, 0-3 Big 12) looks to pick up its first conference victory in a very long time when the Jayhawks travel to Norman, OK, to take on the Sooners (4-1, 2-1). Kick-off is scheduled for 6 p.m.
- KU will try to break a seven-game losing streak to the Sooners when the two teams face off in Memorial Stadium. The effort will be on the tube (Fox Sports Net).
- KU trails OU, 69-27-6, in the all-time series.
- Kansas' last win over the Sooners came in 1997 with a 20-17 win in Lawrence.
- KU trails the all-time series in Norman, 36-13-3, with the last win being a 52-24 rout in 1996.
- On the upside, Kansas is playing much more disciplined football this season, ranking sixth in the NCAA in fewest yards penalized per game (30.83) and sixth in fewest penalties per game (4.00).
- Kansas has had a 100-yard rusher in four of six games this season. Three different players have accomplished the feat. James Sims (Kansas State and Oklahoma State) and Tony Pierson (South Dakota State and Rice) have done it twice.
- KU is 6-8-2 all time in games played on Oct. 20. KU first played a game on Oct. 20 in 1892 with a 14-0 win over Baker. KU has faced OU four times on October 20 with the Sooners winning all four. Kansas' most recent October 20th contest was a 19-14 Orange Bowl season win over Colorado, 19-14.
- The Jayhawks are one game under .500, all-time (573-574-58).
- Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops is 143-35 in his 14th season in Norman. He led OU to the 2000 national championship. The Sooners have played for three more national championships and captured eight Big 12 South crowns and seven Big 12 titles.
- Oklahoma has spent 25 weeks at No. 1 in the AP poll and a nation-leading 20 weeks atop the BCS standings.
- Big Game Bob didn't arrive at OU until the Big 12 was three years old, but he has still coached the program to more than twice as many championships as any other school in the league.
- Stoops has led the Sooners to a school-record 13 consecutive bowl games, including eight BCS games.
- Oklahoma absolutely waxed Texas, 63-21, in the annual Red River rivalry game in Dallas last week.
- The Sooners are led on offense by senior QB Landry Jones. Jones has connected on 114-of-184 passes on the season (69.1%), good for nine touchdowns compared to just three interceptions. Jones is averaging 270.4 yards per game through the air. #wishbone #JackMildren
- Damien Williams leads the Sooner ground game with 101.6 yards/game. Williams has rushed 66 times for 508 yards (7.7 per) and six TDs.
- Back-up QB Blake Bell also contributes to the OU rushing attack as he has seven scores on the ground on 28 carries.
- Kenny Stills is Oklahoma's leading receiver for OU with 32 catches for 382 yards and three TDs.
- Justin Brown has 20 receptions for 227 yards and two TDs. Brown also handles the punt return duties for OU and has 196 return yards on 12 attempts (16.3 yards per return).
- Tony Jefferson leads the Sooner defense with 37 tackles, including 25 solo stops from his safety position. Jefferson has 2.0 TFLs for a loss of three yards and one INT on the season.
- Javon Harris has 30 tackles and two interceptions, while Aaron Colvin also has two interceptions and has tallied 20 tackles.
- The Sooner kicking game is, as usual, really good. P Tress Way averages 42.5 yards per punt, and K Michael Hunnicutt has been successful on 7-of-8 FG tries.
- Since returning from a three-game suspension, KU RB James Sims has rushed for an average of 114.7 yards per game. Sims had a career-best rushing performance in KU's last outing as he turned 27 carries into 138 yards, including a 30-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
- The Jayhawk defense turned in their best game of the season last week, holding the nation's top offense, Oklahoma State, to nearly 300 yards below their season average.
- KU held OSU to 20 points, snapping its 22-game streak of scoring 30 or more points in a game.
- Jayhawk LB Jake Love had a breakout performance in Saturday's game vs. Oklahoma State. In his first start, Love turned in an outstanding performance: 12 tackles, six solo, 3.0 TFLs for a loss of 11 yards and a QB hurry. For his efforts, Love was honored by the College Football Performance Awards as an honorable mention linebacker of the week.
News and Notes: KU vs. OU Under the Lights
Phog.net Top Stories
Big 12 Football Roundup: Week 3 Top StoriesAll you need to know about Big 12 teams leading into Week Three of the college football season.
Big 12 Recruiting Notebook (9/15/16)News, notes and recruiting scoop out of the Big 12...
Scout's Inside Recruiting ScoopSep. 14 -- What's the latest on the top recruits in the country? Scout's basketball recruiting team -- Evan Daniels, Brian Snow and Josh Gershon -- break down the latest, including…
Bruin Report Online09/14/2016
Big 12 Power Rankings: Week 2A look at the Big 12 Power Rankings after two weeks of play