- A Kansas win would make it 12 straight at home. The school record is 15 consecutive from 1908-10. It would also be KU’s 17th straight against noncon foes.
- KU would be 18-3 in their last 21.
- A loss would be KU’s first to a current FCS team since 1940 (when there were no separate divisions).
- The Jayhawks look to hold their 31st straight opponent to less than 200 yards rushing.
- QB Todd Reesing needs 32 passing attempts to pass Chip Hilleary (636) for fifth and 43 attempts to pass Mike Norseth for fourth on the KU career passing attempts list.
- Reesing needs just two pass completions to pass David Jaynes (389) for third and five to pass Kelly Donohoe (392) for second on the KU career pass completions list.
- A big day by Reesing (431 passing yards) would put him past David Jaynes (5,132 yards) for third on the KU career passing yardage list.
- If Reesing throws for 200-plus yards, he’ll assume sole possession of most career 200-yard passing games. He’s currently tied with Bill Whittemore.
- Reesing needs 44 total offensive plays to break into the top 10 at KU. Bobby Douglas sits at #10 with 774 for 10th.
- Reesing needs 96 total offensive yards to pass Bill Whittemore (5,134) for fourth and 189 yards to pass Kelly Donohoe (5,228) for third on the KU career total offensive yards list.
- Marcus Herford needs 176 kickoff return yards to pass Greg Heaggans (1,885) for first on the KU career kickoff return yardage list.
- Entering this week only five schools have posted double-digit home field winning streaks. KU is one of them with 11. Also on the list are Oklahoma (19); Wisconsin (16); Boise State (15); and Brigham Young (14).
- During their 11-game home winning streak, KU has averaged 47.4 points per game while limiting opponents to 11.3. The Jayhawks have scored at least 40 points in eight of the games, topping the 50-point mark five times, the 60-point mark twice and the 70-point mark once.
- Defensively, during that streak, KU has held the opponent scoreless twice, allowed single-digit points five times and less than 15 points nine times.
- According to the NCAA, the Hawks rank fifth in the country in third down conversion percentage (56.0 percent) and 10th in time of possession (33:46).
- Saturday’s game is a sellout. Already this season, Kansas fans have been a part of the two largest non-conference home attendance marks in school history (52,112 vs. Florida International, a school record, and 48,621 vs. Louisiana Tech).
- KU has kept the opponent off the scoreboard in the first quarter in each of the first three games this season.
- QB/WR Kerry Meier has caught at least two passes in 11 consecutive games. WR Dezmon Briscoe has caught at least two passes in nine consecutive games.
- KU is 4-4-1 in games played on Sept. 20 all-time, including a 0-0 tie against TCU in Kansas City, Mo. in 1947.
- On September 20th, Mickey Mantle hit his final career home run (#536, in 1968); Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in a battle of the sexes tennis match at the Houston Astrodome (1973); George Brett went 0 for four, dropping his batting average below .400 where it would stay for the rest of the season (1980); Walter Payton scored NFL record 107th rushing touchdown (1987); Brett Favre began his most consecutive starts streak for a quarterback in the NFL (1992); and Cal Ripken took the day off for the first time in 16 years (1998). He played a major league record 2,632 consecutive games
- Happy birthday Saturday to WWE superstar Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (57); rock music superstar Gunnar Nelson (41); psychotic superstar Crispin Glover (George McFly) (44); and beer superstar Pete Coors (62).
More News and Notes: KU vs. Sam Houston St.
Phog.net Top Stories
KU offers ShropshireJayhawks dip back into Louisiana to offer 2018 wide receiver Trea Shropshire.
KU offers Alabama DTKansas jumps in with an offer to Alabama defensive tackle Timaje Porter.
Thompson adds Kansas offer2017 Highland DT Antar Thompson (6-5, 320) grabbed a Kansas offer earlier this week.