- A Kansas win would make it three in a row against the Wildcats. The last time that happened was during a stretch from 1988-1990. It would also make it four out of the last five.
- A win would make KU bowl-eligible for the fourth consecutive year and five out of the last six. It would give Kansas four consecutive six-win seasons for the first time since they put together five straight from 1902-1906.
- QB Todd Reesing needs 245 passing yards to pass Frank Seurer (6,410) for the KU career passing yardage record. He also needs just 17 completions to pass Mike Norseth (227) for second on the KU season completions list. He set the record last season with 276.
- Four more catches puts WR Dexton Fields at the number four spot on the KU career receptions list, ahead of Clark Green (122).
- WR Dezmon Briscoe needs one more touchdown reception to tie Willie Vaughn and Bruce Adams (17 each) for the KU career touchdown receptions record. It will also tie him with Marcus Henry for the season TD catch record (10), set just last year.
- WR Kerry Meier needs eight catches to pass Richard Estell for the KU season receptions record (70). He has caught at least four passes in all eight games this season.
- KU has six consecutive scoring drives (all touchdowns) of 70 or more yards.
- The Jayhawks are 9-8 all-time in games played on November 1. They’re a perfect 6-0 against Kansas State on this date.
- Kansas has won 15 straight against unranked teams this season and is 5-0 against said unranked teams in 2008.
- Reesing has thrown at least two touchdown passes in 11 of the last 13 games and in 16 of the 21 games he has started in his career. The only game he has ever started and not thrown a TD pass was in KU’s 19-11 win in College Station, Texas, last year.
- KU is 31-13 at home under coach Mark Mangino.
- If KU is leading going into the fourth quarter, that’s good. KU is 5-0 this season when leading after three quarters.
- If KU is trailing going into the fourth quarter, that’s bad. KU is 0-3 this season when trailing after three quarters.
- KU’s 64 wins against Kansas State are its most against any school. The Jayhawks have 54 wins vs. Missouri and 47 vs. Iowa State.
KU vs. KSU: More News and Notes
Phog.net Top Stories
Johnson enrolling in springArlington (Texas) Lamar HS linebacker Kyron Johnson has the speed and athleticism to make an immediate impact for the Jayhawks.
Phog.netThursday at 1:12 PM
Utah TE visiting KUThree-star prospect Carson Terrell, the No. 1-rated tight end in Utah for the 2017 class, recently visited Oregon State and has a couple more stops remaining on the docket...
Scout FootballWednesday at 10:38 PM
UMKC at Kansas photo galleryPhoto gallery from the Jayhawks 105-62 Tuesday night win over UMKC.
Phog.netWednesday at 11:09 AM
Jordan eager to beginKansas wide receiver commit Travis Jordan hopes getting to Lawrence early will help lead to a good connection with Jayhawk quarterback Carter Stanley.
Phog.netTuesday at 10:32 AM