- Kansas (6-3 overall, 3-2 in the Big 12) will tee it up against Nebraska (5-4, 2-3) at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. The game will be available on a pay-per-view basis. Details to come.
- KU-UNL is the nation’s longest uninterrupted series as the two meet for the 103rd straight time.
- The two have played 115 times since 1892, making it the third most-played matchup in the country, behind Minnesota-Wisconsin (117) and Kansas-Missouri (116).
- KU has won 16 straight against unranked teams.
- Kansas’ six wins makes them bowl eligible for the fourth straight season and the fifth in six years. This is the first time Kansas has won six games in four consecutive seasons since they did it five years running (1902-1906).
- A bowl trip in 2008 would be the first time in school history that KU has made postseason play in consecutive seasons.
- RB Jake Sharp rushed for a career-high 181 yards last Saturday against Kansas State, but he could’ve ridden the bench the entire second half and still had a personal best. He had 152 at halftime, beating his old mark of 127 against Toledo last year.
- Sharp also caught the ball for an additional 76 yards, giving him 257 yards of total offense.
- Sharp’s four TD runs made him the sixth player in KU history to accomplish that feat. The last to do it was RB Brandon McAnderson last year against Nebraska. The others are June Henley (1996), Tuxedo Tony Sands (1991), Curtis McClinton (1961) and Charlie Black (1923).
- The KU defense forced a season-high five KSU turnovers, including two interceptions by DE Russell Brorsen.
- KU’s 13-7 record over the last 20 conference games is second only to Oklahoma’s 15-5 during that same stretch. That mark also ties the Jayhawks for the 19th-best 20-game conference record in the NCAA.
- KU is on pace to set a new season attendance record for the fourth year in a row. KU looks to average 50,737 per game this season.
- KU has six QB sacks in the last two games: two against Texas Tech and four against Kansas State (including a Max Onyegbule sack that was not initially credited in the box score). What makes this noteworthy is that Tech’s o-line had only allowed one sack in their first seven games, and Kansas State had allowed just six in their first eight.
- After starting off the season averaging just 118.6 yards rushing in the first five games, KU has averaged 181.5 over the last four, including a 280-yard performance against the Wildcats last week.
- The Jayhawks scored a touchdown on their first possession last week. That’s the first time they’ve done that this season. They’ve only scored on their opening possession one other time this year: a FG against Louisiana Tech.
- KU has 18 touchdown drives of less than two minutes. Ten of those have come in the last four games.
- In their last 24 TD drives, KU has gone 70-plus yards 15 times. Kansas’ first TD drive against KSU went 81 yards, marking their seventh straight touchdown drive of 70 or more. They added two more drives of 70 yards or more later in the game.
- Sophomore WR Dezmon Briscoe has already tied the school record for career TD catches with 17. He joins Bruce Adams and Willie Vaughn for the top spot.
- QB Todd Reesing needs just 83 yards passing to break Frank Seurer’s career passing yardage record of 6,410 yards. He is ranked 7th in the NCAA in pass completions (25.0 per game), is 9th in passing yards (293.11) and is 10th in total offense (311.78).
- WR Kerry Meier only had four catches last Saturday, but he still ranks eighth in the NCAA in receptions per game (7.33).
- The Jayhawks have started five different players at CB in the last three games. Kendrick Harper, Justin Thornton, Chris Harris, Corrigan Powell and Daymond Patterson have all started recently.
News and Notes: Kansas - Corn
Phog.net Top Stories
7v7 Clips of Scout 100 Kansas WR PledgeFRISCO, Texas -- Scout features footage of Scout 100 receiver and Kansas pledge Devonta Jason at the USA Football 7v7 National Championship Series.
Scout FootballWednesday at 12:00 PM
Mathis scores 25Four-star guard Montez Mathis recaps his work during the summer and his interest in the Jayhawks.
Phog.netMonday at 2:34 PM
Quickley talks JayhawksFive-star point guard Immanuel Quickley talks with Phog.net about his decision timing and interest in the Jayhawks.
Phog.netSunday at 6:26 PM