Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky
October 29, 2013
FINAL SCORE: Blue 99, White 71
* This was the sixth year that the Blue/White Scrimmage has been played in Rupp Arena.
* This was the 12th-consecutive time that the Blue team has won the game, with the last loss to White coming in 2000-01 (scrimmage not held in 2007-08).
* The Wildcats made 53.6 percent from three-point range, 15 of 28.
* The teams combined for 19 dunks on the night.
* Two students who came to tonight's game will be awarded tuition scholarships for the spring semester, courtesy of UK head coach John Calipari. The winners are Joshua Lawson, a senior mechanical engineering major from Boyle County, and Amanda Dowell, a freshman biology major from Stanford, Ky.
* Kentucky returns to the court Friday, Nov. 1, as the Wildcats play host to Transylvania. The exhibition game is at 7:00 p.m. EDT and will be televised live by Fox Sports South and delayed on the UK IMG Network.
* The regular season tips off Fri. Nov. 8 as UK hosts UNC Asheville at 7 p.m.
* The Blue team started four freshmen, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, James Young and Julius Randle, along with sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein. The White team opened with seniors Jarrod Polson and Jon Hood, sophomore Alex Poythress, and freshmen Derek Willis and Marcus Lee.
* Blue started with Aaron Harrison, Young, Poythress, Randle and Cauley-Stein. White started Dominique Hawkins, Polson, Hood, Willis and Dakari Johnson. Blue stretched its lead to as many as 37 points and coasted to a 99-71 win.
* James Young (Blue) led all scorers with 25 points. He also had a game-high seven steals. Julius Randle (Blue) tallied 21 points.
* Derek Willis (White) canned 21 points, including 5 of 6 on three-pointers, and also gathered eight rebounds.
* Aaron Harrison (Blue) scored 19 points, including 3 of 4 on three-pointers.
* Playing for both teams, Dakari Johnson had a double-double, totaling 16 points and a game-high 11 rebounds.