Friday, 10 p.m. ET
AT&T Stadium (80,000) Arlington, Texas.
Record: 7-1, 0-0 in SEC
Rankings: No. 3 (AP)/No. 4 (Coaches)
Last Game: Defeated Providence, 79-65
Head Coach: John Calipari
Overall On-Court Record: 575-167 (.775)
at UK: 130-27 (.828)
Last Five Games: 5-0
Calipari vs. Baylor: 1-1
All-Time Series: UK leads 7-1
Record: 7-1, 0-0 in Big 12
Rankings: No. 20 (AP)/No. 20 (Coaches)
Last Game: Def. Hardin-Simmons, 104-59
Head Coach: Scott Drew
Overall On-Court Record: 206-149 (.577)
at Baylor: 186-138 (.574)
Last Five Games: 4-1
Drew vs. Kentucky: 1-1
Last Meeting: Baylor, 64-55, 12/1/12
SCOUTING THE BEARS:
Baylor represents a good challenge for the young Wildcats. The Bears' only loss came in a 74-67 setback to No. 4 Syracuse, and they are among only a handful of teams in the nation that can match UK's combination of size, length and athleticism. Baylor is a tough team to defend with four players averaging in double figures, led by senior forward Cory Jefferson at 13.5 points per game. Senior shooting guard Brady Heslip averages 12.9 points per game and is a dangerous perimeter shooter the Cats will have to account for at all times. He is 26-for-50 (52 percent) from behind the arc this season. Junior point guard Kenny Cherry is strong with the ball in his hands, averaging 10.8 points and 4.9 assists while shooting 90 percent at the free throw line. Sophomore center Isaiah Austin was one of the country's top-rated prospects in the Class of 2012. The 7-footer is averaging 10.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.3 blocked shots. He should be an entertaining matchup with Kentucky's Willie Cauley-Stein, who is coming off a 15-point, 8-rebound, 9-block effort against Providence. Rico Gathers is a terrific rebounder off the Bears' bench, averaging 6.4 boards per game in only 15.1 minutes of action. Keep an eye on how patient UK is willing to be against Baylor's zone defense. Last year, the Cats were coaxed into taking 22 shots from 3-point range, making only four in a 64-55 loss at Rupp Arena.
ON THIS DAY IN UK HISTORY:
The Cats are 14-2 when playing on December 6, but the last time UK had a game on this date, the Big Blue lost to the Miami Hurricanes, 73-67, at Rupp Arena despite 16 points and 13 rebounds from Patrick Patterson. The Cats trailed 46-26 at halftime before seeing their second-half rally fall short. On a happier note, UK defeated UCLA in the John Wooden Classic on Dec. 6, 2003, as Erik Daniels and Chuck Hayes combined for 23 points and 22 rebounds in a 52-50 win over the Bruins.
• Kentucky is the all-time national leader in wins with 2,118.
• The Wildcats are 7-1 all-time against Baylor, but the Bears won last year's meeting, snapping UK's 54-game home winning streak at Rupp Arena.
• UK is 59-10 all-time against members of the Big 12 Conference. Twenty-seven of those have come against Kansas with the Cats owning a 21-6 mark against the Jayhawks.
• Aaron Harrison became the third different Wildcat to win SEC Freshman of the Week accolades on Monday, joining James Young and Julius Randle. Harrison is averaging a team-high 16.2 points per game during UK's five-game winning streak.
• The Wildcats were 6-for-8 from 3-point range in their last game, a 79-65 win over Providence, marking the first time in program history that UK shot .750 or better from behind the arc.
• Kentucky's six December opponents have a combined record of 42-8 entering Friday night and are all either ranked or have been receiving votes in the two major polls.