All is not lost, however, as UK has some nice targets still remaining on the board and a solid nucleus of commitments still remaining. While it’s unlikely that the Cats will contend for another Top 25 class (unless some shockers happen between now and next Wednesday) it will still be a group that compares favorably to the traditional rankings under previous coaching staffs.
Who are some contenders for #Yahtzee status in the days to come? AllWildcats football recruiting writer Patrick Loney (@PatrickLoney on Twitter) takes a quick glance here:
1. Wide receiver/tight end Tavin Richardson will announce his college decision at 4 p.m. ET on Friday. Finalists are Central Florida and UK. I feel pretty good that UK will roll some dice at that time.
2. Juco D-Lineman Courtney Miggins visited the Cats this past weekend. I've heard nothing but good reports from his visit. I do know the visit made Mississippi State’s lead more narrow than it was coming in. He is going decide this weekend. I think this one announcement Cat fans should keep eye on. He’s a big priority with the defection of Hamilton.
3. Other key official visitors Isaiah Scott and Kayaune Ross are both on commitment watch. As Bill Greene reported Wednesday, the staff offered the Ohio athlete Isaiah Scott. Many know his brother L.J. Scott. I'm not sure if Stoops will go after the Michigan State RB commit. Jeff and I both think after tonight news the staff will most likely accept Ross commitment if he decides to commit.
5. Looking to next Tuesday when Marcus Lewis will decide between Miami and Kentucky, Jeff and I are both hearing Kentucky seems like the choice for the elite defensive back. I may be wrong, but I believe if Lewis does come to UK he would be the very first Under-Armour All-American to sign at Kentucky.
5. Blake Boyles told me he has a PWO (preferred walk-on) postion at UK. He told me he'll make his college decision Sunday between Houston and Kentucky. Cats been the favorite for a while but he is visiting Houston this weekend.