5-10, 210, 4.5
Columbia High School
Columbia, South Carolina
* Columbia's Mike Davis has been one of the most elusive skill position players in the state this year...in more ways than one. Not only has he electrified crowds with his outstanding running ability, he's also remained extremely quiet about the recruiting process. "I'm looking at a lot of places still," Davis told CUTigers.com this week at the Shrine Bowl. "Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, North Carolina, Kentucky. I'm looking at a lot of schools right now."
* Sources close to Davis maintain that is giving strong consideration to leaving South Carolina, possibly either to Auburn or Alabama. Clemson, and several other schools continue to remain squarely in the picture however. "I had a good time at North Carolina when I went up there," said Davis. "I also liked my visit to Kentucky too."
* Davis will wrap up his official visit tour in January when he visits Alabama on Jan. 7, Clemson on Jan. 14, and Auburn on Jan. 21. "I'm looking forward to those visits, seeing what those schools have to offer. I won't make a decision until after that," added Davis.
* Davis has looked strong in just his first three workouts in Spartanburg, displaying excellent vision and great speed when hitting the hole. He may be a shade under 5-feet 10-inches tall, but he's powerful, and well built.
* The senior running back is also looking forward to Saturday's game. "We want to win, you know. That's why we are here to play the game. I think we've got a good team, a good offense. We should be able to put some points on the board," said Davis.