"I'm back and I'm going to stay out here. I know it will be a lot of work, but this is what I want to do," Moss said.
He'll have to give back about $1,000 he's earned in a barnstorming tour with other UK basketball players since the basketball season ended and won't be able to play in any more of those type games.
Kentucky coach Rich Brooks says Moss has been given approval by UK compliance director Sandy Bell to be on the football team.
"He just decided he wanted to give football a fair shot," Brooks said. "He missed it quite a bit and I think he liked the idea of playing with his brother."
Austin Moss is a walk-on defensive tackle who had a fumble recovery in Saturday's scrimmage. Ravi Moss had two passes thrown his way. The first one was a 6-yard completion that brough a quick reaction along the sidelines from him. "Oh, yeah. That's my first one, baby. High five," Moss said even though the official he asked for a hand slap just walked away.
The second one was a lob pass into the corner of the end zone that cornerback Travis Lindley intercepted.
"The last play was not a great call, but we wanted him to get that opportunity to catch the ball. In another four to five days, that pass will be incomplete because Ravi will go up and knock it away," Brooks said. "He has the ability to help this team. We'll just see how it all shakes out."
Ravi Moss stayed in touch with UK offensive coordinator Joker Phillips and receiver Keenan Burton after he left the team. Phillips credited Burton with helping persuade Moss to come back. "Keenan played as big a hand in this as anybody," Phillips said. "They are good friends. He's going to live with Keenan. They are going to run routes together. He's all in now, and that's what we want."
1. Pulley made a nice read and throw to Zipp Ducan for a 24-yard gain and had a nifty 5-yard scoring run where he left Dallas Greer grabbing air.
2. UK failed to pick up a third and one at the 12 to force a field goal try. When some of the players — and I maybe said the same thing too loud — wanted to go on fourth and one, Brooks exploded. "Go for it my ass. Make your blocks the first time and we don't have to go for it."
3. Ricky Abren made a great move to get an easy sack of Woodson.
4. The field goal kicking needs a lot of work.
5. Dominic Lewis showed some real athletic ability intercepting a screen pass from Fidler.
6. Linebacker Ben McGrath made a great tackle of Dixon in the open field. Of course, Brooks was not the least bit happy that a middle linebacker could come across the field and tackle his tailback. Dixon came back later to make cornerback Trevard Lindley miss an open field tackle to pick up a first down.
7. Woodson struggled, but physically he acted and ran tougher.
8. Mike Archer got hot when an offensive lineman said something to one of his defensive players after a penalty. "You just get back in the offensive huddle and let me coach him," Archer shouted.
9. Defense was not as dominant, but linebacker Johnnie Williams continued to make big plays.