- UK signee Darius Miller led his Mason County Royals to the State Championship this season. Miller continued his usual steady play, scoring 19.2 points per game, grabbing 8.5 boards and shooting 68.4 percent from the field in the four game run.
- DeAndre Liggins helped lead Findlay Prep to the National Prep Invitational championship game where they fell to Hargrave Military Academy. Liggins finished the 75-73 loss with 13 points to lead Findlay.
- Senior-to-be G.J. Vilarino was named to the 4A All State team in Texas. G.J. led McKinney to a record of 14-0 in their district and a 23 win, nine loss over all record, averaging 18 points and 4 assists per game. The 6-foot-1 left-hander will committed to Kentucky last spring. He'll be playing with Team Texas this spring and summer with 2010 UK commit, K.C. Ross-Miller.
- Speaking of 2010, Kentucky's other commitment from that class, Dakotah Euton, is changing schools. Euton is transferring from Rose Hill Christian to Scott County High School. The thought is that he'll face better competition at Scott County and possibly compete for a state championship. Euton averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds for Rose Hill this past season.
- Paintsville (Ky) High School senior Landon Slone looks to be the newest Wildcat. The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 24.8 points per game this season, shooting 42.9 percent from three in almost 200 attempts. During the state tournament, Slone averaged 23 points per game in two contests, making five of ten threes. Slone will be a walk-on for next season's squad.
- Pleasure Ridge Park guard Adam Delph will also be walking on for the Wildcats in 2008. Delph averaged 22 points per game and shot over 50 percent from three this season. The Louisville native was the Sixth Region Player of the Year.
- Another possible walk-on is Covington Holmes guard Arrez Henderson. Henderson scored 16.5 points per game for Holmes, shooting 55.3 percent from the field and 35.2 % from three. Henderson is believed to be a good defender and someone who can push the other players in a practice setting.
- Junior college forward Roderick Flemings has made it known that he'd be visiting UK after taking an official visit to UConn. The 6-foot-7 forward averaged 20.6 points per game and 11.7 rebounds. He was also named conference Player of the Year.
- Oregon guard Paul McCoy is among the new names on Kentucky's radar in recent days. McCoy is a 6-foot guard from Portland, Oregon. The three sport star is one of the best available guards left on the board in the 2008 class. He'll be visiting Kentucky when he participates in the Derby Classic on April 19th. McCoy averaged 16.3 points, 6.1 assists and five rebounds a game, leading Grant High to a 6A State Championship this season.
- JUCO forward Josh Harrellson appears to be close to gaining his release from Western Illinois. Harrellson averaged almost 15 points per game and eight rebounds. Harrellson will be a sophomore at whatever college he chooses to attend next season. The 6-foot-9 banger would be a welcomed addition to the Wildcat roster.
- Maurice Sutton is getting closer to making his choice on his college. He'll be playing in the Derby Classic on April 19th along with UK signees Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins. Sutton averaged 18 points, 13 rebounds and 9 blocks a game, leading Largo (MD) to a 3A State Championship. Other schools in line for Sutton's services are Boston College, Seton Hall and Villanova.
ELDRIDGE: Recruiting Roundup
AllWildcats Top Stories
Kentucky Lands Maryland OL WatkinsOlney (Md.) Good Counsel offensive lineman Naasir Watkins details the reasons he committed to Kentucky.
Scout Football9:31 AM
Calipari Talks Bounce-Back Win Over ValpoKentucky head coach John Calipari credited improved energy and defensive focus for the Wildcats' 87-63 win over Valparaiso on Wednesday night at Rupp Arena.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 9:16 PM
RECAP: No. 6 Kentucky 87, Valparaiso 63LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Coming off its first loss of the season, a setback to UCLA which dropped the Wildcats from the top spot in the polls, Kentucky responded as one might expect on…
AllWildcatsYesterday at 1:12 PM
Sports Illustrated Now Included in MembershipScout and Sports Illustrated have partnered to give All Wildcats annual subscribers a tremendous offer that brings our readers the best of UK, national and world sports.