2. Brooks said team draft for Blue-White Game will be like last year with joker and Steve Brown picking teams. Cobb has to be drafted as a receiver and will not run the ball more than four or five times in the game.
3. Brooks likes what safety Matt Lentz has done as he made several big hits again Wednesday. "He's playing with more confidence. He's been very aggressive and has done a good job playing the ball as well. He's just more comfortable there now."
4. Cats had a little more contact than usual since they will not go out in pads Friday with the Blue-White game on Saturday.
5. Brooks hopes to have a big crowd at the Blue-White Game, but is waiting to see what happens.
"I hope we have a packed stadium in the fall with a lot of noise more so than the spring game," Brooks said. "But it would be nice to have a big crowd. I read where we have no excuses since there are no conflicts with other things this year, Our players have had a very good spring. I want to be get better and stay healthy (Saturday). If we can do that and have a big crowd, too, that would be wonderful."
6. Aaron Boyd is doing better but still has "not cracked the rotation" at receiver. He was working on catching balls after practice with his brother, Shane.
6. Redshirt freshmen E.J. Fields continues to get more and more time with the first unit. "He's done well in the day to day practices. He's not shown as well in the scrimmages. That's where he has to step up and make plays."
7. Jake Lanefski, who has lost his starting spot at guard to Christian Johnson, is working some at tackle now.
8. Brooks says Ross Bogue has emerged as the top TE in practice because of his consistency.
9. Brooks wants Christian Johnson to lose weight. "he's still a little too heavy and not as light on his feet as he needs to be. He had his best day last Saturday. He's had a decent week this wek. He is getting back in shape. If he gets in better shape, I think he will be a major factor for us this season."