- "Some good things individually," Brooks said. "This will be a very good teaching film. (Donald) Russell and Jonathan George broke some decent runs. Hartline threw the ball very well. He must have had a incompletion although I can't remember if he did for sure.
- He said Cobb and Matthews did some good things, Ross Bogue caught some balls, so did Lanxter, who caught maybe, three or four balls. I don't think I saw a drop and that's shocking. Last year I saw a whole bunch of them.
- No injuries of any significance.
- Brooks was asked where the team was offensively, presently as compared to year. "I think I said it yesterday, but it's night day where were ayear ago," Brooks explained. "Matthews has helped on that receiving end being such a big target and talented. Randall Cobb looked very good today. Hartline threw the ball accurately deep and short and middle in every situation. I think he missed one check to day but other than that he was pretty good."
- After being asked about the offensive line play, he hesitated then said - "It was okay - I'll reserve judgment because that needs a more film study to tell some of that. We mixed it up a little bit. (Larry)Warford went with first (team) Stuart Hines to the left. Then move it back. We had DeQuin Evans working on the first team defense some and he got a sack today."
- Brooks was asked about some of the young linebacker prospects. He said Qua Huzzie and Ridge Wilson have done very well, Ryan Mosby has shown up, too. "I think we are in pretty good shape there," Brooks said. "Sam Maxwell did some good things today and so did Travathan.
Brooks said there is competition all over the offense - At tight end - tailbacks are going to be a battle. He said Alfonso Smith did okay today and Moncell Allen made some nice runs. Brooks said the freshmen running back looked better and looked a litte bit less like freshmen but they are still freshman. Offensive line is still competitive and defensive end is very competitive.