2. Talked to John Newton, Morgan's dad. Said football was going fine on the field, but the meetings, dorm life, meals, etc., were almost overwhelming at time. He's worried about Morgan not taking proper care of his body as he worries too much about the playbook.
3. Brooks on DE: DeQuin Evans has made a real serious move. He's still not 100 percent, but he's obviously impressive. He has quickness, speed and effort. Evans, Collins Ukwu and Chandler Burden have shown you can count on them every down. Taylor Wyndham is great on pass rush, but still is light in his shorts against the run. Greg Meisner is light in the run game, too. But I feel really good about three of them.
4. Zipp Duncan is still struggling at times with transition from guard to tackle.
5. Freshman Larry Warford struggled with the first team at guard Saturday. Will he play this year? "That's yet to be determined, but it looks promising right now," Brooks said.
6. Brooks will take team to his house to eat Monday night and then swimming on Tuesday morning to break camp routine. Normally feeds steak and shrimp, but says this year he may go with chicken and roast beef. And no, he would not let me come. 7. Cobb has a hip flexor problem and did not finish practice.
8. Hartline has a "little hamstring pull" but it is not serious.
9. Alfonso's foot "is a concern to me right now" Brooks said.