Notes from the Cats 34-27 win over the Dogs
KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Final Score: UK 34 – Georgia 27
November 21, 2009 * Sanford Stadium, Athens, Ga.
Team Records and Series Notes
* Kentucky improves to 7-4 on the season, 3-4 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 6-5 overall, 4-4 in the SEC.
* Georgia leads the series, 49-12-2.
* This was Kentucky's first win at Georgia in 32 years, since 1977.
* Kentucky has won five of its last six games.
* Kentucky has won at least seven games for the fourth consecutive season.
* Kentucky has won three consecutive SEC road games for the first time in 32 years, since 1977.
* Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats close out the regular season at home against Tennessee on Saturday, Nov. 28. Game time is 7 p.m. and will be televised by ESPNU.
UK Team Notes
* Kentucky is 15-9 in the last 24 games decided by 10 or fewer points.
* Kentucky has won 27 games since mid-season 2006, with 12 of those wins coming as fourth-quarter comebacks. This is UK's third such win in 2009, along with the Louisville and Auburn games.
* Kentucky was 3-for-3 in the red zone tonight.
UK Individual Notes
* Quarterback Morgan Newton completed 9-of-17 passes for 137 yards and a career-high three touchdowns.
* UK now has a 5-1 record with Newton as the starting quarterback.
* Tailback Derrick Locke rushed for a game-high 80 yards. He now has 1,645 career rushing yards, moving him to 14th on the all-time UK list.
* Locke also caught two passes for a season-high 80 yards. He was just one yard shy of his career high of 81 yards vs. Alabama in 2008.
* Wide receiver Randall Cobb caught a career-high nine passes for 40 yards and two touchdowns. His previous high was eight catches vs. South Carolina in2008. It marked his second career game with multiple TD catches. He also had two vs. Arkansas in 2008.
* Cornerback Trevard Lindley recorded a career-high tying three pass breakups in the game. He moves into fourth place on the SEC career list.
* Tailback Alfonso Smith finished with three rushing yards. He now needs 52 more for 1,000 in his career.
* Freshman WR La'Rod King caught his first collegiate touchdown pass, a 21-yarder in the third quarter.
* Defensive tackle Corey Peters had a career-high 10 tackles. His previous high was eight vs. Louisiana-Monroe in 2006. He also charted a career-best two pass breakups.
* Defensive tackle Shane McCord grabbed his first career interception in the fourth quarter.
* Linebacker Danny Trevathan charted his first career fumble recovery in the fourth quarter.
* Linebacker Sam Maxwell recorded his fifth season and sixth career interception in the fourth quarter. He also finished with a team-high 11 tackles, his second career game with double figures.
* Linebacker Micah Johnson had 10 tackles in the game. It marked his fifth season and ninth career game with double-figure stops.
AllWildcats Top Stories
Johnson's Demeanor Giving UK Shot to WinFew players in recent UK memory have experienced as many highs and lows early in his career like Stephen Johnson has.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 5:53 PM
Hinshaw Talks Johnson Development at QBKentucky quarterbacks coach Darin Hinshaw spoke with the media following Tuesday's practice at the Joe Craft Football Training Center.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 5:47 PM
Johnson's California "Chill" Aids QB PlayKentucky junior quarterback Stephen Johnson was asked Tuesday about his stoic demeanor whether a play has gone good or bad.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 4:44 PM
Gran Pleased with UK's Prep for MizzouKentucky offensive coordinator Eddie Gran spoke with the media after Tuesday's practice at the Joe Craft Football Training Center.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 3:54 PM