Team Records and Series Notes
* Kentucky is 20-1, 5-1 in the Southeastern Conference while Vanderbilt is 16-4, 5-1 in league action. This ends a 10-game win streak by the Commodores.
* Kentucky leads the series, 132-43, including 74-14 in Lexington.
* Kentucky has an all-time record of 154-24 while being ranked No. 1 in the nation in The Associated Press poll.
o UK is 11-4 vs. Vanderbilt when the Wildcats have been at No. 1.
o UK is 62-2 in games played at home.
o John Calipari's teams have a 42-6 record while ranked No. 1.
* Kentucky returns to action on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at home vs. Ole Miss. The game will be televised by ESPN.
* Kentucky used the starting lineup of John Wall, Darnell Dodson, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins for the first time this season.
* It was Dodson's first start since the season opener. He quickly extended UK's streak of 732 consecutive games with a three-pointer with a triple at the 18:19 mark.
* Eric Bledsoe was UK's first substitute. Bledsoe had started every game except the Hartford contest, which he missed because of injury.
* DeMarcus Cousins got off to a quick start with 13 points in the first nine minutes. Included were four baskets in which Cousins got fouled, three of which he turned into three-point plays. It is the third straight game, and the sixth this season, in which Cousins has reached double-figure scoring in the first half.
* Kentucky took the lead at 4-3 and extended it to as many as 19 points at 46-27.
* With foul trouble sidelining Cousins, Patterson, Miller, Wall and Orton, UK hung on to a 15-point lead at halftime, 49-34.
* Kentucky extended the lead to 69-50, tying its largest of the game, on a DeAndre Liggins three-pointer at the 12:09 mark.
* Vanderbilt got a rally going at the 9:40 mark and scored 12 points in the next two minutes to pull within 73-62.
* Darnell Dodson hit three-pointers at 6:32 and 4:00 to keep the visitors at bay and the Commodores got no closer than 11 points in the second half.
* Kentucky made 12 three-point baskets, most this season against an SEC opponent. The Wildcats also shot 52.2 percent from long range, also the team's best this season vs. an SEC foe.
* The Wildcats also did a good job getting to the free-throw line and made 25 of 39, season highs in both categories.
* Kentucky dominated the rebounding, 41-22, and second-chance points, 20-2.
* DeMarcus Cousins had 21 points and 10 rebounds.
o It's his 12th double-double of the season, breaking the UK freshman record of 11 set by Chris Mills in 1988-89.
o It's his fourth-consecutive double-double, the second time this season he has achieved that accomplishment.
* Patrick Patterson had 12 points, breaking a two-game string below double figures.
o Patterson made a career-high three three-pointers.
* John Wall had 13 points and a game-high nine assists.
o Wall has 135 assists, breaking the UK freshman season record of 126 by Dirk Minniefield in 1979-80.
* Darnell Dodson (left) had 16 points and seven rebounds, his most vs. an SEC opponent this season.
* DeAndre Liggins had nine points and four rebounds, season highs in both categories.
* Eric Bledsoe had 13 points and tied his career high with seven rebounds.
Kentucky 85, Vanderbilt 72
AllWildcats Top Stories
UK Basketball Recruiting Notebook - Oct. 26Kentucky is gearing up for what appears to be another elite basketball recruiting class in 2017.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 7:01 PM
Allen: Cats Must Be Ready for Uptempo TigersKentucky linebacker/end Josh Allen spoke with the media after Wednesday's practice at the Joe Craft Football Training Center.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 6:05 PM
Four Downs: Should UK Be Underdog This Week?When Kentucky takes the field on Saturday at Missouri, it may surprise some that the Wildcats will be a fairly substantial underdog.
AllWildcatsYesterday at 4:25 PM
Johnson's Demeanor Giving UK Shot to WinFew players in recent UK memory have experienced as many highs and lows early in his career like Stephen Johnson has.
AllWildcatsTuesday at 5:53 PM
Sports Illustrated Now Included in MembershipScout and Sports Illustrated have partnered to give All Wildcats annual subscribers a tremendous offer that brings our readers the best of UK, national and world sports.