But it's not the one Louisville fans are thinking about.
A 6-5 forward from Huntington (WVa) Prep, Webster-Chan committed to Louisville in December. But with Mark Lieberman moving off Pitino's bench and into an administrative role last week, Webster-Chan, according to a source, "Was not comfortable with all of the changes [on Pitino's staff]."
"His relationship was with Lieberman," the source said. "Once he was put in a different role, [Negus] wasn't 100 percent sure he wanted to be [at Louisville]."
Now, the Scout.com Top 50 prospect is back on the board. Huntington Prep coach Rob Fulford released this statement about Webster-Chan's decision late Tuesday morning.
"After detailed conversations with his family, Negus Webster-Chan has decided to open up his recruitment," Fulford said. "This was a very difficult decision for him to make. But at this time Negus and his family feel this is in his best interest.
"He will fully go through the recruiting process and take all five official visits next year," he added. "His timetable will probably be next spring, so he has time to make the right decision and coaching changes have been made at that point."
Louisville still has a commitment Purvis, the top-ranked point guard in the 2012 class, for now. The Cardinals are also heavily involved with five-star 2012 shooting guard Gary Harris and have made a recent move to get involved with talented 2012 combo guard DeVauntes Smith-Rivera.