Purvis re-opens recruitment

Rodney Purvis, the No. 1 ranked guard prospect in the Class of 2012, re-opened his recruitment Monday morning. InsideTheVille.com has the latest on Purvis' decision.

Rodney Purvis, the No. 1 ranked guard prospect in the Class of 2012, re-opened his recruitment Monday morning.

Purvis, who committed to Louisville last December, has decided to reconsider his college options in the wake of Tim Fuller's departure. Fuller, a former Louisville assistant who recruited Purvis for Rick Pitino's program, left the Cardinals to join Frank Haith's staff at Missouri last month.

Though Purvis will now consider schools like N.C. State, Duke, Missouri and Baylor, the athletic 6-3 guard told Scout.com Monday morning that he hasn't entirely ruled out playing for Pitino.

"I just want to develop a relationship with the new staff," Purvis said. "Louisville isn't out or nothing like that."

Since a major staff change at Louisville - Rick Pitino had to replace assistants Steve Masiello, Tim Fuller and Mark Lieberman this spring - the Cardinals have lost both committed 2012 prospects. Negus Webster-Chan, a Top 50 forward prospect from Huntington (WV) Prep, re-opened his recruitment last month.

Now, Pitino's new assistants - Richard Pitino, Wyking Jones and Kevin Keatts - will attempt to assemble a top-ranked 2012 recruiting class from scratch.


Cardinal Authority Top Stories