U OF L COACH RICK PITINO
- "We didn't play well, but when you don't play well, there is a reason. And the reason was their team. They are really good at what they do. They clog it up so you cannot get anything inside. They will give you a few shots from the outside, which we didn't hit. Our press was very effective, but because we shot such a low percentage, we couldn't get it to take its toll."
- "We played very selfish on the offensive end. And on defense, the great thing about basketball is one minute you can be playing great. But all you have to have is one breakdown. We had a weak link three times in a row."
- "I said all along this was a Davidson-type basketball team and my respect is off the charts for Davidson when I say that. They have a great, very underrated league (Missouri Valley Conference)."
- "We're a little tight tonight, worried about failing rather succeeding. Guys are taking bad shots. We'll get it out of our systems."
- "I got after them for playing tight. I told them they paid great attention to the defensive scouting report, but they didn't pay attention to the offensive scouting report."
- "It was insane what Chane (Behanan) and Wayne (Blackshear) did from a communication standpoint (on defense). It was simple pop out – it was no switch – just get out over the screen and pop out. But when a link breaks down, then the whole fence breaks down."
- "I told them towards the end, lets just win this game. We had to come back I just said just win the game and we'll make our corrections tonight.