1. Chris Jones is really special: Junior college point guard Chris Jones has 17 assists and two turnovers now in four games. He's a really special player and just keeps putting his team in good situations. He doesn't force the issue - passing or shooting - and is solid in all aspects of the game. Jones had 11 points, four assists, four steals and three rebounds. You couldn't ask for a better start.
2. Trez and these dunks: Sophomore Montrezl Harrell doesn't mince words...he tries to dunk the ball every time he can and as a fan you have to love it. Too many players - even big guys - try to lay it up and when they do miss a few. Trez is hammering dunks and is going to shoot a very high percentage this season. He has 12 dunks in four games and the best is yet to come. He had 20 points and nine boards in this one and is only going to improve.
3. Rozier has his best game: Terry Rozier was only 2 of 6 from the field but had his best overall game of the season. He didn't look as lost on defense and he looked more confident in his entire game. He finished with seven points and he's going to be a good one, it just takes time with some guys.
4. Ware and the focus: Rick Pitino said it was a distracting day for him and the team, dealing with the questions about Kevin Ware's speeding ticket. But the fact that Ware - and the team - were so focused that it was impressive. This team just takes care of business.
5. A few leftover nuggets: Louisville only had seven turnovers, marking the seventh straight game with 10 or fewer dating back to last season. . . . The game was the third straight the Cardinals shot 50 percent or better from the field. . . . U of L is now 54-7 at the Yum Center. . . . Russ Smith became the 30th player in school history to score 1,300 career points. He has 1,310 career points.