Rabb not close to decision

Ivan Rabb remains wide open and the next step in his recruiting process is cutting his list and taking trips.

The July Evaluation Period began for 6-foot-10, 220-pound Oakland (Calif.) Bishop O'Dowd power forward Ivan Rabb with a trip to Las Vegas for the LeBron James Skills Academy.

Scout.com's 3rd ranked 2015 prospect thought he performed well against several other top players nationally.

"I’ve been playing really well," Rabb said. "I feel like I was dominating inside, rebounding really well and running the court."

Rabb's recruitment remains wide open and while he has a list of Arizona, California, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, N.C. State, North Carolina, Ohio State, UCLA, USC and Duke, not much will happen until he's able to narrow that group down.

"I haven’t set any visits but I’m trying to figure out what I want to do," he said. "I still need to cut my list to five; I’m not even there yet.

"The next step is taking more visits and cutting my list down. I do want to cut it and take five officials. I want to just get them out of the way and pick my school from there."

Even though Rabb knows he has to cut his list down, it still may take some time before he does it.

"I would say hopefully after USA but that probably won’t happen with everything so close together," he said. "I’m almost positive that I’ll cut it down before school starts."

At one point, Rabb had a few schools he was planning on seeing, and still has one trip he hopes to make.

"I’m thinking about taking an unofficial to Arizona for the Red/Blue Game," Rabb said.

"I was supposed to take unofficials to USC, UCLA and Arizona but plans fell through so we couldn’t do it. I think I will (reschedule) but this month is really hectic so maybe next month. We still have to set something up."

Because Rabb remains so wide open, he says visits are going to be a big part of his decision making process.

"They definitely will," he said. "I have to go up there and feel comfortable. I need to find out how coaches are going to use me in certain situations and go up there and look at academics."

The plan for Rabb is still to make a late decision.

"You never know, I could decide where I want to go and get it over with in the fall, but right now I don’t have any idea where I want to go so I’ll probably wait until the spring."

Cardinal Authority Top Stories