1. REGGIE GETS THE START: One week after burying his father, Louisville true freshman Reggie Bonnafon will get the start. With sophomore Will Gardner sidelined by a knee injury, the QB role slides over to the youngster. Bonnafon is inexperienced but appears to be ready to handle the load. It's a major test but he should be just fine. Bonnafon gives the Cardinals a little added dimension with his legs.
2. OFFENSIVE LINE WOES: We've seen and heard all about the woes on the offensive line. The Cardinals can't seem to settle on a consistent five guys on the line. I really like Jake Smith at the center position because he's the captain of the line and the guy who can get everyone else in the right calls and position. But my gut says Tobijah Hughley back at center and Smith moves back to guard. Skylar Lacy had a shot last week starting, while Chris Acosta came in for him. One of those guys or Kelby Johnson has to step up and improve.
3. DEFENSE STAYS STRONG: The U of L defense has been superb in the first four games for the Cardinals and will need to stay strong against an awful Wake Forest offense. The Demon Deacons are one of the worst rushing teams in the country. On the flip side, Wake Forest's defense ranks No. 12 in pass defense and No. 21 in total defense.
4. Gerod Holliman AGAIN?: Another pick by Gerod Holliman? He has five, including four in two weeks, and faces a Wake Forest offense that has thrown seven picks in four games this season. John Wolford is a freshman QB for the Demon Deacons and has thrown for 906 yards this season but he does have the seven picks.
5. HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE: The Cardinals have been sensational at home under Petrino, winning 20 in a row at Papa John's with him on the sidelines. He's also 17-2 in the month of September during his tenure at U of L. So, the home-field advantage should be a major factor for the Cardinals against the Demon Deacons.
JODY'S PICK: Enjoy a nice win and great weather. Reggie helps Cards roll, 42-14.