Five key things to watch as Louisville travels to Syracuse in an ACC football game on Friday night at 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome.
1. REGGIE SHOWS IMPROVEMENT: It's game two as a starter for true freshman Reggie Bonnafon and he should show some major improvements. He has been focused all week and we've been told he's taken that step forward to become more of a leader and more consistent under center this week in practice. He needs to hang onto the ball and not try and do too much. It's a big stage but I think he's ready.
2. OFFENSIVE LINE CHANGES?: The past two weeks there have been changes on the line, can we go three in a row? I doubt it. It looks like Tobiah Hughley is going to be the guy at center and Jake Smith will stay at guard, could change but I believe the staff liked last week's combination. Now, the line just needs to become more consistent and knock out all of the penalties. All five starters had a penalty against Wake Forest.
3. SLOW DOWN Terrel Hunt: Terrel Hunt is a very good QB for Syracuse. He has to do a lot of things by himself it seems, but he's very capable of beating the Cardinals. U of L won't use a spy on him but trust me the linebackers will be watching him and they will know where the balls at all the time. He has two 100-plus yard games and in order to win this game the defense must put the clamps down on Hunt.
4. SEVEN FOR HOLLIMAN?: We said last week that he might add another interception because of the freshman QB and he did. Holliman has six interceptions this season and four in the last three games for the Cardinals. Don't expect that to change. Teams are not throwing anywhere near Charles Gaines, so Holliman can cheat a bit to the other side.
5. ROAD WARRIORS: The first road game of the season was a loss at Virginia and the second was an easy - but ugly - win at Florida International. The Carrier Dome should be the toughest road test so far and the crowd will be a factor. An early score and some good, solid play by the defense again is a must.