Louisville improved to 5-3 in the all-time series against Boston College, including two straight as ACC rivals. 41,486 fans braved the wet weather to watch as Louisville improved to 3-4 overall and 2-2 in conference play.
Here's a notebook for the Cardinals win:
- Boston College managed to convert 1 of 14 third down attempts.
- Louisville's 17 points are the second highest total against Boston College this season.
- Louisville's 135 rushing yards are the most surrendered by the Eagles this season.
- The Eagles four first downs are the second lowest by an opponent since 1989.
- Sheldon Rankins 46-yard fumble return for the touchdown was the first such play since Preston Brown returned a fumble against Memphis in 2013.
- Javonte Bagley's 39-yard catch was a career-long for the sophomore.
- Reggie Bonnafon's 29-yard run was his longest of the season.
- Keith Kelsey finished with a career-best 4.5 tackles for a loss.
- Freshman Jaire Alexander earned his first career start.
Check out additional games notes in the photo gallery: