The University of Louisville baseball team has a ton of talent on the roster and many of the stars of this year's team are expected to be players that are already household names.
But there are a few other names you are likely going to learn. Here's Cardinal Authority's five players under the radar.
- Austin Clemons, OF/C, freshman: The former St. Xavier High School star was a redshirt last season and is likely to get a bunch of at-bats this season. He's a true utility guy for Dan McDonnell and staff. Clemons can catch but can also play first base and in the outfield. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Clemons could end up being a key guy this season.
- Drew Ellis, 3B, freshman: Ellls is another redshirt from last season with a ton of potentoal and a bright future. Blake Tiberi will start at third base but Ellis will be a key backup and is likely to get plenty of at-bats.
- Adam Wolf, P, freshman: One of six true freshmen pitchers - 3 will redshirt - and he has a chance to be the Cardinals' next superstar. The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Wolf is a left-hander who we'll likely see get a few mid-week starts.
- Shane Hummel, P, junior: The junior college transfer is a guy who will pitch a lot of innings for the Cardinals. The 6-foot, 200-pound right-hander was 7-1 in 48 innings last season at Neosho County Community College in Chanute, Kan.
- Sam Bordner, P, freshman: The 6-foot-6 true freshman also has a chance to be a standout for the Cardinals. He's a right-hander from Baltimore, Ohio, who was a high school All-American and is likely to get some mid-week starts.