Four Tennessee stars visit U of L practice
Louisville has hosted several prospects this week during the opening days of spring ball, including a foursome from Tennessee.
Kentucky commitment Quinton Bohanna and Memphis commit Braylon Brown are both from Cordova, Tenn., High School and made the trip with Wilson Central linebacker TJ Minnifee and Hillsboro defensive tackle Ben Hutch.
The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Minnifee only has an offer from Kentucky Wesleyan at this point but said he's been chatting with a bunch of schools, including the Louisville staff.
"Coach (Chris) Klenakis told me he's really interested in my film and my size," Minnifee said. "I really like Louisville, the school and the city."
The 6-3, 280-pound Hutch already has offers from Memphis, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.
Cards offer DeMatha stars
New U of L wide receivers coach Lonnie Galloway has ties to the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area and the Cardinals have offered several players from the area this week already.
U of L extended an offer on Thursday to Hyattsville, Md., DeMatha defensive tackle Austin Fontaine and four-star offensive guard Marcus Minor.
The 6-foot-4, 275-pound Fontaine is a 2018 standout with an offer already from Georgia, while Minor is a 6-4, 285-pound prospect ranked No. 125 in the Class of 2017. He's ranked as the No. 6 offensive guard in the country.
Georgia OT excited about offer
Jefferson, Ga., High School four-star offensive tackle Caleb Chandler said he's "very excited" about his offer to U of L.
The 6-foot-5, 305-pound Chandler said the recent offer from the Cardinals was his 13th overall offer. He also has offers from Minnesota, Tulane, Colorado State, Georgia State, Mercer and others.
Chandler is ranked as the No. 36 offensive tackle in the country, including No. 14 in the South. He said he's likely to make a visit to the U of L campus sometime this summer.
"Louisville is a great school and a great community," Chandler said. "I can't wait to come up and visit."
A few new offers
- The Cardinals have offered Nashville, Tenn., David Lipscomb defensive tackle Rutger Reitmaier. The 6-foot-3, 280-pound Reitmaier has more than a dozen offers, including West Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri, Duke, South Carolina and Vanderbilt.
- Covington, Ga., Newton four-star wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman has also landed an offer from U of L. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Holloman is ranked as the No. 191 player in the country and the No. 26 wide receiver.
A few leftovers
- Mount Juliet, Tenn., athlete Jalan Sowell said he'll attend the Louisville spring game next month. Sowell, who has been to U of L's campus several times, is also going to check out Memphis' spring game.
- Butler High School running back Greg Bethel is expected at Louisville's practice on Friday. He's also expected to attend Purdue and Marshall practices in the coming weeks.
- Pittsburgh Upper Saint Clair offensive guard Gabe Houy (6-6, 275) is expected to make a visit to U of L on Friday for practice. Houy has several offers, including U of L, Pittsburgh and Maryland.