Boston College has one of the top defenses in the country, ranking No. 1 in the ACC, and an offense that Louisville coach Bobby Petrino said is "much improved" from a year ago.
The Eagles will host the Cardinals on Saturday at noon in Chestnut Hills, Mass.
Louisville is trying to win an eight game in nine appearances and keep pace in the national scene. The Cardinals have knocked off the Eagles two years in a row since joining the ACC.
Cardinal Authority has you covered on all of the takes of the game. Here's a look at five players to watch when the Eagles meet the Cardinals:
1. Harold Landry, DE, Junior - Landry has had a sensational season and leads a hard-nosed, tough defense for the Eagles. He's tied for first nationally in sacks (9) and forced fumbles (5) and is 24th in tackles for a loss with 11. The Cards offense must find an answer to slow down the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Landry.
2. Matt Milano, LB, Senior - The Orlando, Fla., native is all over the field for the Eagles. The 6-foot-1, 221-pound Milano is on the Bednarik Award and Senior Bowl watch lists and has 43 tackles, including seven tackles for a loss and five sacks. He has 25 career tackles for a loss.
3. Kevin Kavelec, DE, Senior - Another standout leader of the top defense, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound Kavelec has five sacks and 5.5 tackles for a a loss. He has played in 38 games during his career and is another tough player on the front seven to block.
4. Jon Hillman, RB, Sophomore - Hillman was on the All-ACC third team two years ago with 860 yards and 13 touchdowns but was injured last season after four games. He's back and has 411 yards and 5 TDs this season. He has five career 100-yard games.
5. Jon Baker, Center, Junior - Baker is 6-foot-4, 300 pounds and is the anchor of the offensive line. He's been playing at a high level this season and is considered one of the best linemen in the ACC.