- Notre Dame and Florida State are both enjoying the best league start in each program's history.
- Florida State is enjoying a program-best 12-game winning streak.
- Louisville has been ranked in 86 of the last 89 AP polls.
- Virginia Tech dropped the national rankings.
|AP Top 25||ACC Standings||League||Overall|
|7. Duke||Florida State||4-0||16-1|
|9. Florida State||Notre Dame||4-0||15-2|
|11. North Carolina||North Carolina||3-1||15-3|
|21. Notre Dame||Virginia Tech||2-2||13-3|
|ORV: Virginia Tech,
Performers of Note
- Boston College’s Jerome Robinson has scored at least 20 points in eight straight games and tops all players in the ACC with 13 such games this season.
- Clemson forward Jaron Blossomgame has scored 20 or more points in 14 of Clemson’s last 20 ACC regular season games.
- Pitt’s Jamel Artis’ 43 points against Louisville on Wednesday are the most by an ACC player since Boston College’s Tyrese Rice tallied 46 points against North Carolina on March 1, 2008.
- Four players are averaging more than 20 points per game, led by Pittsburgh duo Jamel Artis (22.8) and Michael Young (22.0). Boston College's Jerome Robinson (20.9) and Duke's Luke Kennard (20.4) also top the ACC.
- Louisville guard Donovan Mitchell is averaging 20 ppg over his last four outings.
- Mitchell, along with NC State's Dennis Smith lead the ACC with 2.2 steals per game.
- Florida State sophomore Dwayne Bacon has scored in double figures in 26 straight outings.
- Notre Dame's Bonzie Colson leads the ACC with 10 double-double efforts this season, including a league best four 20/10 games.
- Georgia Tech big man Ben Lammers is first in the ACC and third nationally with 3.3 blocked shots per outing. Louisville's Anas Mahmoud is second in the ACC, 16th nationally with 2.6.
- Notre Dame leads the nation in free throw percentage (.840) and assists-to-turnover ratio (1.89).
- Louisville and Georgia Tech are both among the nation's top five in blocked shots per game. The Cardinals rank second nationally with 6.8 per game, with the Yellow Jackets checking in at No. 4 with 6.6.
- North Carolina is No. 7 in the nation with scoring with an 89.3 per game clip.
- Virginia tops the nation and ACC in scoring defense holding opponents to just 52.1 points. Miami (59.7) and Louisville (61.9) also rank among the nation's best scoring defense at No. 6 and No. 15 respectively.
- NC State is 4-0 in games decided by five points or less.
- Louisville (.285) and Duke (.291) lead the league in 3-point field goal defense.
- Florida State leads the ACC in field goal percentage at .508.
Upcoming Games of Note
Jan. 14 Duke at Louisville : ESPN Noon
Jan. 14 Virginia at Clemson : ACCN Noon
Jan. 14 Florida State at North Carolina : ESPN 2pm
Jan. 14 Notre Dame at Virginia Tech : ACCN 2pm