The University of Louisville football schedule is complete.
The ACC announced the conference on Tuesday afternoon and the non-conference has been complete for some time. U of L confirmed the dates in a release this afternoon.
The Cardinals will open the season on Sept. 2 against Purdue in Indianapolis.
U of L has six home games, including defending national champion Clemson in the home opener on Sept. 16.
A few notes:
- Non-conference games are Purdue (at Indy), Kent State, Murray State and at Kentucky.
- The game to open the season against Purdue pits Bobby Petrino against former U of L QB and assistant coach Jeff Brohm.
- Louisville's first conference game is at North Carolina on Sept. 9.
- The only non-Saturday game on the schedule is Oct. 5 - a Thursday night - at North Carolina State.
- Louisville's home opener is against defending national champion Clemson on Sept. 16.
- The only two back-to-back road games for Louisville will be Oct. 21 at Florida State and Oct. 28 at Wake Forest.
- The only home game during October for Louisville will be Oct. 14 against Boston College.
- But on the flip side...Louisville starts November with an open week and then plays Virginia and Syracuse at home with the only road game that month coming in the finale against Kentucky.
Sept. 2 - Purdue (at Indianapolis)
Sept. 9 - at North Carolina
Sept. 16 - Clemson
Sept. 23 - Kent State
Sept. 30 - Murray State
Oct. 5 - at N.C. State
Oct. 14 - Boston College
Oct. 21 - at Florida State
Oct. 28 - at Wake Forest
Nov. 11 - Virginia
Nov. 18 - Syracuse
Nov. 25 - at Kentucky