The University of Louisville's recruiting class is loaded with talent.
The Cardinals have four members of the Scout.com top 300, five four-star athletes and one of the top 50 junior college prospects in the country among the 22 players signed in the Class of 2017.
But there will also be a few surprise guys in the class.
Here's a look at the five prospects Cardinal Authority publisher Jody Demling believes can be the biggest surprises.
5. Malik Clark - I'm not sure Clark will ever see much time at linebacker; but sounds like at 249 pounds right now he has a future with the defensive line guys. Clark has a nose for the ball and a huge, huge, huge upside for the future.
4. Toryque Bateman - He's kind of the forgotten fifth member of the offensive line group but he's huge and talented. His first step is pretty good and he has really good footwork and hands. Bateman has a lot of really big-time schools after him. He's going to be a nice get.
3. Kemari Averett - Surprised he wasn't ranked higher; was a huge deal to keep him away from Auburn in the end. He's not Cole Hikutini but looks like he's stronger and he's a better blocker. He will get a ton of yards after the catch during his career.
2. Kaheem Roach - A little underrated in my opinion. Roach has good size and he's a really good athlete. Has a shot to play early on at corner; plays the run well and really likes to hit. He's got really good ball skills and will play hard.
1. Dorian Etheridge - He's listed as an outside linebacker but I think he can play a few spots on the defense and he could play right away. He plays hard, he's tough as nails and he is really good coming down hill. I think he's going to be a really special player.