Here's a look at five stars from the first spring scrimmage by the University of Louisville football team per interview with Bobby Petrino and a release from the school's sports information department.
1. Dae Williams, redshirt freshman, running back - Williams has been touted by the coaches and his fellow players since he arrived on campus last May. He had several eye-catching days when the young guys would scrimmage last fall. He's started this spring with a bang and today rushed for four touchdowns in the scrimmage. Petrino said: “He sees holes and accelerates in them, and he just keeps getting better."
2. Dez Fitzpatrick, redshirt freshman, wide receiver - Some might forget he was one of the top-ranked recruits in the Class of 2016 but spent last season as a redshirt. Petrino said he has made huge strides in spring ball and caught a TD pass. Petrino said he's "learning how to play fast," and noted he's only getting better and better.
3. Stacy Thomas, senior, linebacker - Petrino singled out several defensive guys, noting that Thomas has become one of the team's leaders and that he "made a whole lot of tackles out there."
4. Seth Dawkins, sophomore, wide receiver - Dawkins was one of the only true freshmen to see the field last season and he's made a ton of improvement in the offseason, including getting stronger. He had a TD catch on the second play of the scrimmage and Petrino said, "I thought Seth had a really good day catching the ball and running after the catch."
5. Jawon Pass/Kyle Bolin, quarterbacks - While Lamar Jackson and the other QBs didn't get to run the ball, Pass and Bolin were both sharp in the passing game. Each had two TD passes and Bolin was 11 of 12 passing. Petrino said Pass needs to get better in the run game.
<iframe src="//widgets.boxxspring.com/MzAsNDIzNTE1MTc" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>