Here's a look at five stars from the second spring scrimmage by the University of Louisville football team per interview with Bobby Petrino and a release from the school's sports information department.
1. Seth Dawkins, WR: The sophomore made 11 catches as a true freshman - the only one who played on offense - last season and continues to turn into a playmaker for the Cardinals. He led the team in catches last week during the scrimmage and U of L coach Bobby Petrino said Dawkins continues "getting to the position where we rely on him in situations."
2. Lamar Jackson, QB: Ok, so he's the Heisman Trophy winner and supposed to be on this list right? Well, yeah. But Jackson is on the list because Petrino was elated over the progress his signal-caller has made this week. "I thought he had his best week in really focusing and trying to understand the protections, what the defense is doing."
3. Drew Bailey, DE: A leader and top returning player on the defense, Bailey keeps drawing rave reviews about his play this spring. Petrino singled him out as a top defensive stalwart on Saturday after the scrimmage.
4. Reggie Bonnafon and Trey Smith, RB: With a short backfield, Bonnafon and Smith had to handle the running back duties and Petrino was pleased with what the two did as the main rushing attack in the scrimmage.
5. Ronald Walker, CB: A guy we don't hear a ton about but he's been solid so far this spring. The cornerback played last season after transferring from junior college. He's made some plays and on Saturday had the only interception of the scrimmage."