The University of Louisville basketball staff hits the road this weekend for the first of two three-day evaluations periods in the spring.
The NCAA allows basketball coaches two evaluation periods in April and three periods in July.
U of L coaches are expected in Dallas for the adidas Gauntlet where many of the top targets will be participating and also in Hampton, Va., for the Nike EYBL and New York City for the Under Armour Association event.
The Cardinals already have two commitments - Anfernee Simmons and Courtney Ramey - in the Class of 2018.
Here are five storylines to watch for this week:
1. Romeo O Romeo: Romeo Langford will be in Dallas competing with his new AAU team - Twenty Two Vision - and I'd be shocked if he plays a game the next two weeks where a U of L staff member is not in attendance. Langford is the No. 1 target for the staff.
2. Where's Coach P? With the NCAA meeting lasting more than 10 hours on Thursday, the status for Rick Pitino heading out this weekend is up in the air. He hasn't been recruiting a lot in April in recent years but expect him out at least one full weekend this spring.
3. Get the post: Louisville needs a post player for the Class of 2018 and will be evaluating around a dozen different post players this weekend. Moses Brown and Lahat Thioune are the top targets heading into the weekend but surely several others will emerge.
4. Moving forward to '19 and beyond: The staff will be focused on the '18 prospects mainly but this is also the start of getting deep into the Class of 2019 and also start looking at some of the top '20 targets. I'd say the number of '19 targets that get evaluated this weekend between the three events will be somewhere in the 30-40 range.
5. Any in-state targets? Louisville is not likely to recruit any in-state prospects for the Class of 2018 but Trinity's David Johnson is a prime target in the '19 class. Scott County's Michael Moreno could emerge as a target also in '19, while the staff will check out a few others.