Cards pull Brad Durham scholarship offer three-star offensive line prospect Brad Durham committed to Louisville in August, but learned on Friday that his scholarship offer was no longer available. The 6'5, 300-pound lineman tells the latest.

The first high school prospect to commit to the University of Louisville's class of '07 appears to no longer be headed for a future with the Cardinals.

6-foot-5, 300-pound Brad Durham of Rockcastle County (Ky.) High School, a three-star prospect who pledged to Louisville on August 10, told on Sunday night that his recruiting process is open once again.

"I'm going to re-open my recruitment process," said Durham. "(Louisville) called me this weekend and said that they didn't want me."

Durham, who was informed of the decision by U of L assistant Greg Nord, explained that the Cardinal coaching staff didn't feel that he was what they were searching for after watching recent game film.

"They said that they watched some game film on me and didn't like it, so they wanted to take away my scholarship," explained Durham.

Cincinnati and Kentucky extended early scholarship offers to Durham earlier this year and they, along with a few others, will likely receive calls from the prospect during the coming days.

"Hopefully I will talk to some this week," said Durham. "Right off the bat I'll call UK and possibly Tennessee."

This past weekend Durham, who plays on both sides of the ball, helped lead his team to a 39-12 win over Clay County in the Class AAA state playoffs.

"We're going into round two and will be playing Bell County," he said. "That's going to be the biggest game of the year for us."

Cardinal Authority Top Stories