There's a possibility Evans could enroll at Louisville within the next two weeks. If he can do that and get in for spring practice he's going to sign with Louisville. If not, he'll attend Kentucky next season. Evans expects to hear from Louisville sometime Tuesday afternoon about the status of enrolling in school this month.
"This is what's going on right now," Evans said. "If I can leave for Louisville during this inter-session, which would be like in two weeks then that's where I'll go. I'll go to Louisville. But if I have to wait then I'm going to Kentucky. I have to meet one more class to meet the SEC requirements. That would hold me down here in California until graduation in June."
That's not something Evans wants to do. He'd like to get to Louisville this semester in time to go through spring practice with the Cardinals and get a jump on a winning a starting spot at defensive end for next season.
"I'm waiting on the phone call right now from (Louisville) and they're going to give me the yes or the no," Evans said. "I thought you were them calling. I saw the 502 number pop on the phone. I'd like to go through spring practice and get a feel for the team and prepare for Division One football."
"I've got both letters of intent sitting right here in front of me," added Evans.