Top players from the Louisville Invitational Tournament
Below is a list of the Top 10 players from Jefferson County at the Louisville Invitational Tournament. The list includes the players vitals, tournament highlights and player evaluation. The rankings are based on each players talent and potential and not necessarily on the players performance in this tournament, although performance was taken into account.
#1 Rajon Rondo 6'2 JR. Guard (Eastern High)
- Inside theVille.com's #1 player in the state of Kentucky
- Scored 18 points in opening round win over Moore and 27 against 7th Region rival Trinity
- Led Eastern to the LIT title. Rondo's 148 points in five LIT contests broke Manuel Forrest's 22 year scoring record.
- Scored 47 points in victory over #1 PRP in the semi's.
- Scored 27 points and grabbed 16 rebounds in the LIT title game vs. Iroquois
- Named MVP of the 56th Annual LIT.
Rajon Rondo: Clearly the top player in the event. At 6'2, Rondo possesses tremendous athleticism and is one of the best rebounding guards in the country, evidenced by his 13 boards against athletic PRP and 16 boards against Iroquois. Rondo can break down defenses with his penetration and is an excellent finisher in the lane. An improved mid range game this season has made Rondo a multidimensional offensive threat who can also bury the open three. Rondo is ITV's undisputed #1 player statewide and told us in an interview that UofL and IU are his top two choices at this time.
#2 Mario Urritia 6'7 JR. Power Forward (Fern Creek)
- ITV's #1 junior power forward in Jefferson County
- Scored 16 points, pulled down 14 rebounds and blocked 8 shots in a loss to Iroquois
Mario Urritia: Urritia is a talented inside player and ITV's #1 junior power forward in Jefferson County. Urritia has a nose for the ball in the paint and is an excellent rebounder and shot blocker. An athletic player, Urritia projects as an undersized power forward at the next level. He does show flashes of being able to play on the perimeter and appears to have the quickness to guard smaller players. Likely a solid mid to high major prospect next season. Also a great tight end for Tigers football team.
#3 Terrence Farley 6'10 JR. Center (Pleasure Ridge Park)
- ITV's #1 junior center in Jefferson County
- Scored 12 points, hauled in 14 rebounds and blocked 4 shots against 6th Region rival Doss
- Had 5 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks against Daviess County and 9 points against Eastern High in the semifinals
Terrence Farley: Farley has unlimited potential and will be a high major prospect next season. At this point, his game is rebounding the ball and blocking shots in the paint. Needs to get stronger and learn to play defense without fouling. Has a fundamentally sound jumper with range out to 15 feet. Demonstrated an excellent up and under move against Doss High. Excels on the offensive boards using his quickness, long arms and good timing. Farley told ITV UofL is his favorite team and would like to stay at home and play for the Cards.
#4 Donte Sweat 6'5 SR. Small Forward (Pleasure Ridge Park)
- ITV's #1 senior small forward in Jefferson County
- Scored 16 points against Doss and had 13 points and 9 rebounds against Eastern
Donte Sweat: Jack of all trades for PRP. More of a slasher type. Excels on the break and wreaks havoc on opponents in PRP's full court pressing defensive system. Can rebound, block shots and plays tough defense. A solid mid major prospect.
#5 Michael Bush 6'3 SR. Shooting Guard (Male)
- ITV's #1 senior shooting guard in Jefferson County
- Scored 22 points and 18 rebounds in loss to Iroquois. Hit 14 ft jumper sent game to OT.
Michael Bush: The best football player in the state is also a good basketball player. Bush seems to be struggling with conditioning and getting into basketball shape. Male is down this year and Bush appeared a better prospect two years ago than he does now. He's still capable of taking over a high school game but lacks the explosiveness to play small forward at the next level and might have a difficult time defending smaller, quicker two guards. Jump shot is questionable as well.
#6 Sean Booker 6'1 SR. Shooting Guard (Ballard)
- ITV's #2 overall senior and #2 senior shooting guard in Jefferson County
Sean Booker: Pound for pound one of the best all around players in Jefferson County. He's currently ranked slightly behind Michael Bush as the #1 senior shooting guard in Jefferson County but might pass him up in short order. Booker, an athletic perimeter player, hits big shots, crashes the boards for key rebounds and provides leadership for a young Ballard team. He should get solid mid major looks this spring.
#7 Brandon Hamby 6'5 JR. Small Forward (Fern Creek)
- ITV's #1 junior small forward in Jefferson County
- Scored 18 points and hauled down 6 rebounds vs. Iroquois
Brandon Hamby: ITV's #1 junior small forward prospect in town. Hamby gives Fern Creek the #1 forward combination in Jefferson County alongside 6'7 Mario Urritia. Hamby is a very athletic wing with solid slashing/scoring skills. Needs to improve ball handling and shooting skills but possesses good size and athleticism. Solid rebounder/defender.
#8 JuJuan Spillman 5'11 SO. Point Guard (Pleasure Ridge Park)
- ITV's #1 sophomore point guard in Jefferson County
- Scored 7 points against Doss, 5 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals against Daviess County.
- Played best game of LIT against Rondo in the semifinals, scoring 14 points and snagging 13 boards
JuJuan Spillman: ITV's #1 sophomore in Jefferson County. Had an up and down LIT and didn't shoot the ball as well as he has in the past. Spillman is one of the quickest players in the city and maybe the fastest end line to end line. Spillman is a standout on the gridiron for the Panthers and could develop into one of the top basketball players in the state in a couple years. Plays good defense and uses his quickness to anticipate passes on the press for steals.
#9 RaVon Lee 6'4 SO. Small Forward (Ballard)
- ITV's #1 small forward in Jefferson County
- Scored 5 points and 6 rebounds against St. Xavier despite early foul trouble
RaVon Lee: Probably the most explosive athlete in Jefferson County. Lee is ITV's