* Steve Kragthorpe wants starting quarterback Justin Burke to get off to a good start against Indiana State, distribute the ball to Louisville's playmakers and manage the game. Louisville players Scott Long and Greg Scruggs said they are confident the junior is capable of leading the offense.
* Kragthorpe expects his third UofL team to be competitive, cohesive and eager to play.
* According to Kragthorpe, Adam Froman will be out with injury for the Indiana State contest. There's still no word on a No. 2 QB, though Kragthorpe says he'll probably name a backup this Wednesday. Zach Stoudt and Will Stein are the two candidates for the season-opener.
* On injuries: Kragthorpe said there will be some game-time decisions but other than freshman WR Damion Copeland there are no other season-ending injuries.
* Kragthorpe named true freshmen Roy Philon and Kamran Joyer when asked who might see action from the freshman players. He said he'd like to redshirt Joyer but noted the offensive lineman will dress, travel and prepare to play this season much like Mario Benavides did last season.
* Kragthorpe said Scott Long should be 100 percent healthy on game day. Long hasn't scrimmaged or played since last October.
* Kragthorpe talked up tight end Cameron Graham. He said Graham has had a good camp and is a more physical blocker and has become a reliable receiving threat stretching the field vertically and making plays in the passing game.
* Depth might be Louisville's biggest concern this season. Kragthorpe states, "If we can stay healthy we can have a good team."
* Dexter Heyman, who moved from linebacker to defensive end, will see some action in nickel pass rush situations.
* Greg Scruggs gave a nice interview. He looks like he'll become an effective team spokesman for the next few years. Scruggs said he's very confident in Justin Burke leading the offense and said he has some speed to make plays running the ball.